Need to vent/ask opnion/advice on new renter in my house

by bluesapphire 107 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

So it worked. She texted back:

"I guess I will have to find another place to live. I'm sorry this isn't working out. :("

I texted back:

"It's ok. U still owe me for the $100 garage rental and the deposit today. I will return it when you move out if you leave everything as you found it. I'm really sorry but you did tell me the dog was trained and I was very specific when you signed the lease. You knew up front that the dog needed to be fully trained."

No response.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    "I guess I will have to find another place to live.
    Bluesapphire, I'm not trying to get you down, but, I would go ahead with the eviction. What she just said about finding another place is a stall. That could take days, weeks, or months! My advice is to start the legal proceedings Monday if she isn't gone. It does not require a lawyer. You can call the sheriff's department or constable's office and ask them what the process for your state is. I don't think the filing fee is much more than a few dollars. It's still going to take 30 days (in my state, anyway) from the time she is served eviction papers till she has to leave. Don't delay the process.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It's still going to take 30 days (in my state, anyway) from the time she is served eviction papers till she has to leave.

Don't delay the process.....Journey-on

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ed4/2010/01/02/192/1922283/bbcafbd3e6fcaa32_dana-carvey-church-lady.jpg

.................... ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have to pay Rent and the Dog can`t poop everywhere?..

Where does it say That in the Bible?..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• journey-on
    journey-on

Outlaw! This board would not be the same without your

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Sorry for your troubles, Blue. I agree with Journey-on (yikes, what is this world coming to?!) re: " She sounds like a professional troublemaker. ".

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Yeah, Sixy, it took dog shit to bring us all together on something!

The Church lady is hilarious!!! Thanks Outlaw. You really made me laugh hard on that one.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Can you save your phone texts? When you speak with her face to face, can you record the conversation? If you do, be sure that she knows she is being recorded. This is for your protection. Also, if you should decide to take on another renter, install surveillance equipment on your property (not inside their rooms, of course), assuming you don't already have it, and make a show of it. These kinds of things can hopefully protect you from possible liability lawsuits. What does your homeowner's insurance say about tenants?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    What does your homeowner's insurance say about tenants?
    Ooooh, Primate Dave. I hadn't thought of that one. That could make some coverage null and void and put yourself in financial hell should she "hurt" herself then want to sue! (Remember: she sounds like the type that is looking for something for nothing.)
  • bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Oh great! Now she wants to meet with me with a lady from church present. Whatever! Bring it on! She said she doesn't want to meet at the house though. So I told her, "Why not? We can meet on the patio!" LOL

They are both on their way. Good. Now I will have a witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit