Need to vent/ask opnion/advice on new renter in my house

by bluesapphire 107 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ok, here goes!!!!!

Your first clue that this person was a scumbag was when you were told she lived in some crime infested cesspool to begin with. Good tenants with money and whom pay the rent on time don't arrive at your doorstep from da 'hood with good references and a fist full of pasos. Doesn't happen.

Your second clue that this person was a scumbag was while she was moving in and claimed she had no money, or that "the cheque is in the mail". BULLSHIT ALERT!!!!! I would have immediately ceased her moving in and told her to get out. No money, no deposit, no JOB - GET OUT LOSER!!!!

Should have trusted your gut instinct right there. Also, you know what my pet policy would be if I had a nice place such as yours? NO PETS ALLOWED!!! You just opened yourself right up for that one.

You got yourself a scumbag loser who's gonna dig themselves in harder then an Alabama tick!!!

That dog would have would up at the loca SPCA anonymously by now after shitting and pissing all over my landscaping. If the woman gave me any shit, she'd end up at the local homeless shelter anonymously as well - right to the curb, mo' fo!!!!!

Let people f*ck all over you, and guess what? THEY WILL.

- Wing Commander

• journey-on
    journey-on
    She was just ungrateful and doesn't even care enough to follow the pet policy. What's going to happen next month? She's gonna move her boyfriend in???

She might. Better add a clause disallowing it. Also, no subletting.

I have seen it time and time again. People that think it's all about what YOU can do for THEM! Everybody isn't as nice as you.

• Ding
    Ding

She's already lied to you on multiple occasions.

Terminate her tenancy as soon as you can legally and have her evicted if necessary.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Okay. Everyone is making me crack up laughing. Especially the pictures!!! OMG! I'm so glad I have some validation on my situation.

I just had "the conversation" with her. My personality is to be nice so I was. But I was assertive.

We went out onto the nice outdoor living area and I told her to sit down. I just looked around at all the pee on the patio. And she spoke up.

"I'm sorry I didn't clean the poop last night. I was just too tired. I will be more on top of it...."

I stayed quiet, looking at the pee. So she said:

"I can hose down the patio every day too if you want."

Finally I spoke:

"This is the thing. We don't really like pets. We allowed our own daughters a dog once, with conditions of course. We told them the same as we told you. We said, 'you have to walk that dog and train it where it's supposed to go to the bathroom. You have to clean up it's poop afterward even ifit's gross and throw it in the trashcan. You have to keep it clean...' M ... do you know what happened with their dog? We made them get rid of it. And those were our kids. They didn't follow the rules. So they made that choice. Not us."

So she said:

"I understand. I will start walking the dog. OR ... can I just put a piece of poop somewhere else in the yard so he will know to go there instead?"

Me:

O.O look on my face. "You can walk the dog and show it where to go and clean up its crap after it's done going like all the other neighbors do every morning bright and early when I'm driving to work and all my other friends who own dogs do. They walk their dog twice a day, rain or shine, heat or cold. A dog is a responsibility. Either you want the responsibility or you don't."

Her:

"Okay, I will walk the dog and not let it go anymore on your yard." (Here she's thinking she's getting away with no discussion on the rent sitch)

Me:

"One other thing. I don't like to ask people for money they owe me. It's against my nature. But I will ask you because my kids moved out because I asked them to pay rent. If anyone is going to live here free it's going to be them."

Her:

"I know. I know. The check should be here today or Monday at the latest..."

Me:

"OK. But you will owe me again on the 17th. And from that point forward I will not allow you to pay me late. The next conversation we would have is me giving you a vacate notice."

Her:

"I really like it here. It's really nice. I don't mean to take advantage of you. I think you think I'm disrespecting you. I pay my bills....."

Me:

"That's fine. But I've been very understanding and flexible. But my flexibility is run out. So make sure you pay me what you owe me for this month and that you save enough to pay me on the 17th. Because I don't want to be the person that has to search you out every month and ask you to pay what you know you owe. I WILL NOT be that person."

Her:

"Okay. Understood."

Sooooo, I know everyone thinks I should just kick her out right now. And I SHOULD. She deserves it. But I'm going to give her one last chance to make it right. The lease states she cannot have any sleepovers. So that is that. The very second I see anyone sleeping over I will tell her she is out. I put that in there because of my son. No way, no how will I put him at risk.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Bluesapphire, this chick seems like a total loser. Does she even have a job? I say if she's 1 day late on that rent, change the locks and throw her crap outside.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

You sounded very fair with her.

Is their any way you can find out when she receives her Check and change the due date of the rent to coincide with her disability check?

Then you will know for sure that when she gets her money you get yours?

Just a thought.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

No offense, but either you're too nice. or stupid. She is going to continue walking all over you. Like someone said, she is going to bury herself deeper into the situation and make it even harder for you to get rid of her. Next story out of her mouth will be some sad story on why she can't pay you Monday.

Good luck, like I said, no offense, but she's just using you and has no respect for you, your house and the situation that you provided for her.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I am so sorry this is happening to you! Get rid of her and FAST! This is not going to end well – so get it over with – do not prolong it.

Having someone stay in your home for anytime over a week rarely ends happily. I speak from experience.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Sounds to me like your kindness got the better of your good judgement.

I suspect you've learned a valuable lesson here, and won't make the same mistake again.

I think you should try to terminate this lease and have the tenant move on as speedily as possible.

BTS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A prediction: next month you will be evicting her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit