To Those Still Going To Meetings---How Do You Still Do It?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Everyone's situation is different. There is no one way out of the cult.

Some have been able to walk away quickly and efficiently, others have been hounded and harrassed.

Some don't care if they lose family ties and would rather be completely shunned than put up with the BS of their family. Others are willing to put up with some BS in order to keep their family basically intact.

Elders that remain elders have different reasons for doing so...and that's their business. There's one elder here who stays because when he leaves he wants to bring his entire family with him. He's not leaving without them. His mind is free but he's in a situation where he has to pretend but hopefully in time he can break his family out. Is there a chance he might not succed? Sure, but that's his business, not mine. I wish him well and hope it works out.

The fact that people just can't walk away without tearing families apart or causing anquish and heartache shows that this religion is a cult.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As part of my meeting preparation routine, I gird myself with a Kevlar Athletic Supporter.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit