To Those Still Going To Meetings---How Do You Still Do It?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I am thinking about other things now. How I plan to spend the week. what I need from the store. what i wished i had said to the checkout girl at the 7 eleven. Before i know it, it's time to go home. Maybe it's because i am getting old. Sometimes i do the same thing when i sit down to watch tv, suddenly i realize it's over, and i forgot to watch. Ha,ha,ha

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ elderelite:

to quote you:"Big mac, you arrogant ass"

i was all set to come back at you for that, but first i checked your membership history & saw you joined here just before me.

i'm in the process of reading your posts, but am i right in assuming you are currently an elder? only your reply above seems to be explaining the actions of others.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

To Those Still Going To Meetings---How Do You Still Do It?

I won't say the word. But anyone with a pair of balls knows what the word is

• roguepixel
    roguepixel

I think it's do-able. If I'm honest, my last couple of years that I attended, I kinda had the mindset of Tim Robbins' character in 'Shawshank Redemption'. I was there, but my mind was elsewhere, in a happy place.... plotting what I'd do once I'd escaped...

We used to have a sister who answered at every Watchtower meeting, and, I shit you not, she used to read the whole paragraph word for word, every time consistently. I was on microphones, so I'd see she underlined the whole paragraph. Looking back, I suppose she was doing the same....kinda on auto-pilot...not really thinking. Then again, that's what the WTS wants...mindless automatons...

• wobble
    wobble

I left cold turkey in spring 2008, after 58 years, and have never set foot in a K.H since.

My family, all Uber-Dubs all in 60 years or more, still speak to me, welcome me etc.

I have not lost them. O.K we have very little in common now, except to talk about mutual "friends" who I have little or no interest in now either, but they treat me for what I am, a non-believing relative.

I think that at some point you have to bite the bullet and just stop going for your own sanity.

Why be afraid ?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know how to tune out the boasting sessions. But, for those who have to actually dissect what they hear so they can post it, those are the ones that have it rough. This is especially when going to the a$$emblies, having to stay awake for 3 days so you can dissect it and post it here. It is these people that make it possible to find out about what goes on during those wastefests in May, when yours might be in August.

Or, what about those who had the work of dissecting the new Kingdumb maladies? For sure, a lot of work went into trying to decipher which Kingdumb Maladies were originally which in the old book, what they did to it, and which are the new ones. To go through them must give them a nasty headache, yet they did it just so they could post it online for the benefit of those who don't want to listen to dying cats or cult chants.

• moshe
    moshe

The really good stuff is at the CO level and above, but we don't see any spies here from that group. It is interesting to hear what the KH meetings are like so I can compary with what I remember from 25+ years ago, but it's not worth losing your sanity over. Get out of the KH and start a new life people.

• minimus
    minimus

You know, I'm not faulting anyone for continuing to go except perhaps someone who knows it's bullshit, has no major reason to continue going, like family considerations, and just stays because of sheer laziness.

We all have our own agenda.

• wobble
    wobble

I think the "family considerations" excuse is over played and not challenged on JWN.

I think that if you continue to tacitly support the WT/JW's after you come to know that it is all lies, you are a moral coward which is why you let the GB tell you what is right and wrong for years.

Get some moral fibre folks, and leave the stinking Org.

• minimus
    minimus

Some though are "in" but they're not at all. Mentally and spiritually they are far removed.

Some people have a hard time leaving what they are used to---for better or worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit