To Those Still Going To Meetings---How Do You Still Do It?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Before I go to a JW Meeting..

I get Frigg`n Pissed!!..

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Lifeandhealth/Pix/pictures/2009/3/16/1237195245798/Two-women-drinking-wine-002.jpg

................... ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good for you outlaw - I would need a bullet in the head

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sometime back, a new board member was 'venting' about being stuck in the cult due to her family...

I posted something to the effect that she could make a 'game' out of it - play "spy"... Like a good undercover agent, one would superficially 'play along', while 'debriefing' every night...

If I had to go back 'in', I think that's the only approach that would help me keep my sanity...

And of course, I'd be in here, posting all the latest dirt and gossip, scandals and arse-covering by the Gov.Bod, every day...

Zid

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

cantleave..

I haven`t set foot in a Kingdom Hall for Decades..

I knew guys who were just pissed up on stage..

They held thier liquor well..No one noticed..

................... ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Outlaw you mean like this guy..........

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

You do what you have to for as long as you can. I went for years knowing it was bullshit and when I couldn't I quit. The price I had to pay was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. And like outlaw suggested, I went to more than one meeting fairly sloshed. It DOES make them more bearable.

• pirata
    pirata

Like this;

Sing a song...

105 more minutes left....

90 more minutes left...

75 more minutes left...

Sing a Song...

Sing a Song...

Yay!!!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I miss a lot of meetings. But, I show up so I don't get harassed for missing . I arrive late and leave early, sometimes before it's over. Hang out in the bathroom. I let my mind wander and sometimes, I count how many times the phrase "faithful slave" is used. And it takes great effort not to be constantly rolling my eyes.

There are still some at my hall who are nice people, and I think of how it won't be long before I'm long gone and forgotten. In the early days of my learning the truth about the truth, I wished I could go back to my ignorance. But, now, I just can't wait when I'm totally out. I did try to go to the meeting last night,but I had an anxiety attack. So, I turned the car around and went back home.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

But, you know, I think Outlaw is on to something. Unfortunately, I can't drive when I'm drunk, so I guess I'll miss the meeting altogether.

• TrueScript
    TrueScript

I have a lot of family still in, but by slowly showing them the *real* truth, I can hopefully help at least some of them.... to just up and leave would not allow for much if any of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit