To Those Still Going To Meetings---How Do You Still Do It?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

i still can't come to terms with why someone can continue "to serve jehovah" as an elder/servant/pioneer or whatever the now-fashionable word for WT slave might be,

and yet be a regular member of this apostate site, over a lengthy period.

to praise them for leaking inside information from "senior" levels to this board begs 2 questions

1: why would many of us want this information?

2: is it implied we need this because in reality we think we are missing out?

• minimus
    minimus

I enjoy keeping up with Jehovah's chariot. LOL

If we see "secret" letters, we get to understand the current inner mind of the Society. I have family in and it allows me to tell my mom what to expect or condition her if a harsh ruling is made to those who are "inactive".

I think there are more complex reasons for many elders staying in. But perhaps some could easily leave and they enjoy their status. I dunno.

• wobble
    wobble

Can you stay associated/associating with a clean conscience ?

• minimus
    minimus

I couldn't keep doing it but it wasn't immediate for me. I faded for a long time---until I was ready.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Big Mac, good questions.

I like to kow what's going on because it freaks the dubs at work that I know more than them. But other than that I don't care.

I think elderelite will have to come off soon, because the he will be disturbing the operation of the Holy Spirit .

As a congregation elder EE isn't going to have access too very much - and unless he is congregation secretary will only have it for short while. Mind you he can post the the new edlers manual when he get's it.

EE - when you do step down, you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner, unless as I have asked before - do you get some power trip from it?

• Open mind
    Open mind

We have faded to the level of attending once or twice a month. We turn in between 3-6 hours of "FS" and haven't knocked on a door in many months.

We still have unbaptized teen-age children and we fairly regularly discuss some point from JW literature. Just from an "awakened" perspective. We're allowed to count that as service time. The kids rarely attend. They're at a "crossroads" in their lives and we don't want to "push them into anything".

We have a territory checked out that won't ever be worked as long as we're "active".

We get a handfull of mags which we briefly peruse before recycling them.

A couple hours a month of our time maintains ties with extended JW family and protects a substantial amount of JW-related income.

Even if it weren't for the income, we'd probably still attend occasionally.

For this, we shall all burn in Moshe's hell.

om

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread
    How Do You Still Do It?

Thru the phone hookup.

JDW

• elderelite
    elderelite

Well this has certainly been an interesting read...

So, to be clear, there really is no information that an elder can provide that is of interest? ... fair enough.

I trust then that none of you would be hypocritcal enough to then comment on any information that an elder provided?

I can only hope that every elder who posts on this board has seen this and now understands that any information passed on is neither wanted, needed or appreciated. Message received on my end

• LV101
    LV101

in reply to elderelite ---- WRONG --- all info from elders is more than appreciated, kinda like FOX news. The more info the better --- PLEASE CONTINUE. the success/failure of this org. is so interesting.

NV1

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ the likening of elder's information to Fox news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit