To Christmas or Not to Christmas (inspired by Watersprout's DA thread)

by Mad Sweeney 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Sorry about the formatting, I tried......

Christmas celebrates love (lights) and life (the Christ within). Jesus celebrated the festival of lights at Christmas time.

What is "pagan"?? It's anything that's not Judeo-Christian. Is Judeo-Christianity the truth? This board proves every minute of every day that it is not. What was the first monotheistic religion? It was Atenism, of the Egyptians. We haev been told it was sun worship. Well, that was only for the ignorant. The initiates knew better. They knew that something was behind the sun.

The Christ is an energy, not a man, that enters through the solar plexus and resides within us. This energy enters our earthly realm through the sun, which is not a "nuclear furnace", but an interdimensional energy transformer, that is connected directly to the star Sirius, it's source. Stars are hooked up in series, ironically, just like Christmas lights. The sun "dies on the Southern Cross" (a constellation of stars just under the sun on Dec. 22nd) is "dead" for three days, and is "reborn" on the winter solstice, when the days begin to get longer again. It is an ancient celebration of the rebirth of the life. Sounds very Satanic to me!

In this day and age of information (the Internet), the Jesus-Horus connection has become very well documented. Perhaps this is why St. Augustine said...

That which is known as the Christian religion existed among the ancients, and never did not exist; from the beginning of the human race until the time when Christ came in the flesh, at which time the true religion, which already existed began to be called Christianity. ~ Saint Augustine of Hippo, Retractions, Book One, Part 12, "One Book on the True Religion."

It may also explain why Paul said that the good news of the gospel had already been preached everywhere under heaven...through MYTHS!!

Colossians 1:23 "... continue in the faith, established on the foundation and steadfast and not being shifted away from the hope of that good news which YOU heard, and which was preached in all creation that is under heaven. Of this [good news] I Paul became a minister."

If there are any other questions, this should clear them up....

The Gnostic Nativity of Christ

http://gnosticteachings.org/courses/path-of-the-bodhisattva/02-gnostic-nativity-of-christ?qh=YToxOntpOjA7czo5OiJjaHJpc3RtYXMiO30%3D

So, go ahead and celebrate Christmas! It's LOVE and LIFE!

~PS

• booby
    booby

depending on how you celebrate apparently it is not even a no-no for witnesses *** g04 7/8 p. 30 From Our Readers ***
    However, if it is very obvious that a custom has no current false religious significance and involves no violation of Bible principles, each Christian must make a personal decision as to whether he will follow such a custom.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

The nice thing about leaving the JWs and choosing to celebrate Christmas is you can choose to do it however you like, there are no family traditions to uphold. You can do as little or as much as you like. I wasn't sure at first I wanted to do it, but it surprised me, as I found I enjoyed it very much. I'll never forget my first Christmas. My husband and I spent Christmas day, snugged up on the sofa, reading the books we got, listening to Christmas music and drinking cocoa, while it snowed. It was heaven.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    My husband and I spent Christmas day, snugged up on the sofa, reading the books we got, listening to Christmas music and drinking cocoa, while it snowed. It was heaven.

Sounds magical! Can't wait for this year!

Peace

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Being a born in, I've never celebrated it. Being honest though its one of the few positive things about being a JW in my opinion. The only thing good I can say about Christmas is that people's attitudes are different around that time of the year. People are a little happier. I'm sort of a misanthrope so I view it all with contempt. I ever get out of this cancer with or without fallout, only thing I'll be thankful for around holiday time is the days off.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This will be our first as a fmily, and my first EVER. Nothing is stop this atheist from celebrating the paganised, improbable date of the birth of a semi fictitious character.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You folks can do what you want but I don't give a flip about it myself. If I get a GF who does that sort of thing, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Otherwise I'd rather not think about it...

V665

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Christmas truly is what YOU make of it.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I love the holiday season. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Day. Never been a witness myself, my family celebrated it all. I feel so sorry for people like my wife who never got that experience during childhood. I especially feel sorry for her now as she still wants to celebrate deep down but now cannot because of the bOrg.

I plan to make them memorable for my daughter and hopefully do something nice for the wife as well.

• miseryloveselders

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit