To Christmas or Not to Christmas (inspired by Watersprout's DA thread)

by Mad Sweeney 60 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

LOL @ misery! My sentiments exactly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDAgIWaHsMU

Let's get into the spirit!

V665

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I totally understand how a person who has never eaten bacon wouldn't give a flip about bacon, nor would he miss bacon if bacon disappeared tomorrow.

I totally understand how a person who has never owned a DVR wouldn't give a flip about DVRs, nor would he miss DVRs if they disappeared tomorrow.

I totally understand how a person who has never owned an iPhone wouldn't give a flip about iPhones, nor would he miss iPhones if they disappeared tomorrow.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I went into Town today with hubby and they have christmas trees up in one of the big stores.

Some people are very serious about it.

I'm in the UK by the way.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I totally understand how a person who has never eaten bacon wouldn't give a flip about bacon, nor would he miss bacon if bacon disappeared tomorrow.

I totally understand how a person who has never owned a DVR wouldn't give a flip about DVRs, nor would he miss DVRs if they disappeared tomorrow.

I totally understand how a person who has never owned an iPhone wouldn't give a flip about iPhones, nor would he miss iPhones if they disappeared tomorrow.

Its still a stupid holiday. Just another pipe dream right up there with the people interviewed at the assembly looking forward to the day they get to play with the animals in perfect health in the new system.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This issue is a perfect example of yet another wonderful thing that Watchtower has ruined for millions.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This issue is a perfect example of yet another wonderful thing that Watchtower has ruined for millions.

No disrespect to you LWT, but when I read this LOL because it came off like your the cute little kid trying to convince us Grinches to find joy in Christmas. You might be right about the Watchtower ruining it. At the same time though, I feel they did me a favor. Screw that holday, and screw all the other holidays too. Its money that I can keep in my pocket. Its some days off from work. I don't have to go to the mall or department stores and be around retarded soccor moms, bad granny drivers, and all the other ilk associated with holidays. Its a beautiful thing to not celebrate jack shyt at times.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    No disrespect to you LWT, but when I read this LOL because it came off like your the cute little kid trying to convince us Grinches to find joy in Christmas. You might be right about the Watchtower ruining it. At the same time though, I feel they did me a favor. Screw that holday, and screw all the other holidays too. Its money that I can keep in my pocket. Its some days off from work. I don't have to go to the mall or department stores and be around retarded soccor moms, bad granny drivers, and all the other ilk associated with holidays. Its a beautiful thing to not celebrate jack shyt at times.

Rite on, rite on! Misery, have you taken the time to check out my thread on this?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/198947/1/If-you-dont-give-a-s-t-about-celebrating-feel-free-to-post-here

You'll get a lot of lulz out of it.

V665

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Thanks Vamp, I'll check that out. Its nice not being alone in the screw holidays category.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

MLE -- I'm the guy trying to convince the orthodox Jew how much more awesome his pizza would be if he added bacon. My task is not easy. I would never force bacon onto his cheese pizza.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    If I get a GF who does that sort of thing, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it

V665, that's pretty much how I feel about Christmas too. If I get invited to Christmas parties I'll go, but the only way I see putting a tree up and all is if my spouse wanted to celebrate. I love the holidays. I love working them and getting the holiday pay!

I am doing Halloween though. I like candy related holidays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit