Whats the most bizzare way a JW has ever tried to "encourage" you?

by highdose 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Thanks FreeGirl2006 and Doubting Bro

Glad you found my escapade with an elder entertaining

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Gladiator>>>>>I love your story.

Just Lois

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

enjoyed that as well Gladiator

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I will have think of one. I will be back. (bookmarking)

• l p
    l p

2 years ago in Sept

At my mothers funeral

An old family friend of my mother and I from when we were in was there....he is old enough to be my father...in fact his kids were my friends when growing up...

anyhow...

at the cemetry after the funeral outside the chapel everyone was coming up to me giving condolences...

he walks up (is an ex elder- stepped down) and gets right in my face, yes he is a guy, me a female and he is in my personal space...i couldnt breathe

he then says...that he knows ive been hurt...he asks "but what did jehovah do when he was hurt?" i looked at him.... and he replied "he wrote down everything" - meaning the bible...

so he then says to me i should write everything down from the very beginnning that has happened...

thank god someone interupted...but it was really inappropriate...i had masses of people around me and he is acting like some pseudo psychiatrist whose life in his own beliefs are in ruins...and he is advising me....

hmmm

Lp

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Loved your account of 'encouraging' the elder to pio Gladiator

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

An Elder and a Wanna be elder m/s came round to 'shepherd' the wife and I. I wasn't doing much in the way of preaching and reaching out, wasn't inactive but i guessed they figured i could be doing more, so the M/S called me...

AN IDIOT

No shit!

He figured i was an idiot coz i had an attractive wife, no kids and wasn't making moves to survive the big A. He figured that if didn't care enough to keep the great life I had, forever, i must be an idiot.

oz

• ambersun
    ambersun

Gladiator, that is brilliant! If only I could turn the clocks back, to when I was constantly being 'encouraged' to pioneer, mostly from brothers who had never pioneered in their lives and were all snug and warm indoors while I was out pounding the streets in all weathers and living off peanuts. "Yes, Brother Boastful and Sister Smug, pioneering is such a wonderful, joyous priviledge why don't YOU do it?" Oh, if only!! I'm sure others reading that account must feel the same!

I was at a family wedding a few years ago, having been out of the Borg for many years. A sister who I had not seen for about 25 years approached me and, without a word of a greeting, just launched into an attack. "Don't you think it is about time you pulled your socks up Amber??!!!" Oh, I felt soooo encouraged, all warm and fuzzy inside. I told her in no uncertain terms that it was nice to see her too and that my socks were well and truly pulled up better than they had ever been thank you very much! She turned red and started to stutter an apology for offending me

• Heliaphora
    Heliaphora

Gladiator I just have to say that was the best story I've heard in awhile.

I think the most bizzare encoragment I've ever recieved was shortly after I had left. My mother had past away shortly before that time. I was handling it fairly well and was back at work. One of the summer teachers at the place I worked was a JW. She sat down with me at lunch and was gushing about how happy she was that we would be working together for another summer. The converstaion got around to dating and she asked me what congergation my boyfriend went to . I said none he's an atheist. Her eyes became round as saucers and she started to try and encorage me to leave him and come back to Jehovah. She then asked, oblivious that everybody in the breakroom was now listening to her, what will my mother think when she wakes up in the new system with out me. I said "unsuprised" and continued my meal. I had a lot of people come up to me during the day concerened about my "friends" behavior twords me. I have to say it was nice to see that my other co workers cared enough to ask so it did lead to some encoragment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit