Whats the most bizzare way a JW has ever tried to "encourage" you?

by highdose 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I do remember my father once beating me black and blue with a metal belt buckle to encourage me not to talk to boys and stay chaste for Jehovah.

It did encourage me but not in the way he thought it would. It encouraged me to sleep with the first older man I could find in the hopes that he would ask me to move in with him and rescue me from the fucking nut house!

Then they further encouraged me by disfellowshipping me so I would repent and come back to Jehovah. That actually worked, sadly enough. But not permanently.

Hope my experience has been encouraging to you all.

• ambersun
    ambersun
    A couple of weeks ago Jehovah helped him find his car keys.

I have lost count of the number of times over the years, especially since leaving the Borg, I have been told by JWs how Jehovah found things for them or helped them make decisions like moving house or accepting a job offer, down to the most mundane yes or no answers to everyday problems. They just 'left in in Jehovah's hands and he provided the answer'. Yes, of course he did dear

Oh, cognizant dissident, that is awful. I am so sorry and hope you are OK now

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Oh, I'm fine ambersun, thanks for asking, but still not that close to my father 30 years later. Go figure!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They wanted me to just meet other men. Of course, their lies are "It's not [necessarily] permanent. The word "not" should have been removed--they updated it another year later, at which point I started skipping the a$$emblies altogether.

• Tristram
    Tristram

"Quit college and you will be blessed." No post-quitting game plan, just get outta there and things will fall into place.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember being told that I should consider myself fortunate, because back in bible times, I'd been stoned to death.

lisa

• Ding
    Ding

Lisa,

They may have been right on that one.

Even today, try going door to door in Saudi Arabia with your head uncovered.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If your jw husband kills you, at least you're guaranteed into the new system.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Damn, CD, I was in a happy little NFL induced place.. now I need a drink.....

any time I question just how screwed up this org can push people to be I will remember you experiance

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Wait on Jehovah he'll make sure all those elders who treated to so unloving after your daughter was molested are taken care of eventually. Then look forward to the new system where you wont remember what happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit