Lady Lee- who are you, and what's YOUR story?

by theMadJW 422 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I posted this Sexual Abuse and the Reduction in the Belief in God a few minutes ago. This is another reason I think the WTS" policy is so damaging

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    They are trying- maybe YOU can write them a letter with this Superior Policy!

It is real f-ing easy:

If anyone reports, or suspects, child sexual abuse within any congregation, anytime, by anyone - REPORT IT TO THE LEGAL AUTHORITIES FOR INVESTIGATION!

Btw - that goes for every organization - not just your life sucking cult.

Jeff

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Misguided, I grew up and lived near that Hwy and remember when that was happening but did not know it was the son of a JW who was doing it. Can you pm me his name, I probably know him and his family.

If your father in law is from Surrey, I probably know who he is too.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Once a child is hurt that way no Justice can take the pain away. Even Death for the PIG!

A child requires an advocate to stand up for them. When someone is willing to take crap for doing what is right, this can be the difference for the child. It demonstrates that someone does truly care and is willing to be there for them. It also sets an awesome example. No one says that Justice will remove pain. But it will show that we do not accept and will not put up with continual abuses.

When I was 12, a neighbour's friend wanted to have sex with me. My Mom told the neighbour that if his friend ever touched me he'd have to sit down to pee for the rest of his life. The guy never touched me. My Mom rocked back then!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

So true Heaven:

Scenario: Two 12 year old girls are raped. Different families. They both tell. In one family, the fathers and brothers and uncles rally around the girl, threatening revenge on the molestor, although the women talk them into going to the police instead of taking matters into their own hands. The mother take the girl for counseling to help her to cope with her experience.

In the second family, the girls is not believed or supported. When she is examined and found to have indeed been raped, her family shrugs it off, telling her to never talk about so she doesn't bring shame on the family. The don't even call the police. She is left to get over it on her own.

Which girl do you think grows up feeling loved and supported and cared about by her family? Which girl do you think grows up with emotional problems, afraid and mistrustful of men?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The last year I was in foster care was really bad for me. I was being emotionally and physically abused in the home. I missed my family terribly. I was supposed to go visit my family for the first time in 3 years for the summer and was really looking forward to it. I didn't want to come back tothe foster home

I had one teacher that I was able to talk to. He told me that if I did come back he would do what he could to find me another foster home. He had talked to my foster mother. He knew what kind of a person she was. And he knew I was a kid who deserved better.

That made so much difference to me. Somebody really wanted to help me. Wow if the elders had really wanted to do that? If my mother had really wanted to do that?

The really crazy thing is I almost always got support when I talked to non-Witnesses. I never got it with Witnesses though. Never

• misguided
    misguided

Cog...you have a pm

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I should add that ex-JWs get it and even some who are still JWs but have their thinking abilities working again

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Lady Lee, bless you and everything you've been through. But, current court cases aside, isn't it time to move on emotionally ?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

what do you mean quillsky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit