If Christ was Divine, How Could He Have Been Tempted?

by leavingwt 141 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

believingxjw: If Jesus was just a man, no different than Adam or Eve, I can follow your reasoning.

If Jesus was Divine or if he was the 2nd Person of the Trinity, these "temptations" seem like a walk in the park, to me.

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Dude, Satan brought Jesus so high that he could see the whole coin shapped earth and said he could have it if he wanted it!

Jesus was like, "Dude, I made this, it's not yours to give"

Then Satan was all, "Damn, you too smart brotha!"

-Sab

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Sab,

Could you quote a scripture for me that says Jesus was omnipotent? Thanks.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

LWT, Angels could be tempted and they fell. Jesus was not God was he then. He became a man who could feel pain, hunger and all that men feel. It's true, God could not be tempted as a man can be. But a son of God/man can be.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Clarity

I get the pics from all over Cyber World..

Then add my own Bizzare Humour..

We now return to:

"If Christ was Divine,How could have he be Tempted?"..

appl.gif picture by GeneralWaco

............................. ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

This is just one of many Bible paradoxes. It doesn't make sense that God would allow paradoxes to happen, either.

• Gregor
    Gregor

A basic case of bi-polar disorder that turned into a religion.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Moshe,

Why would it not make sense that, "God would allow paradoxes to happen," ?

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Anyone know who Mara is? Find that out and you find the root of this question. Ready.... Go!!!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Something that is perfect has no flaws or defects. Wouldn't being able to be tempted be a flaw? If Adam and Even were perfect, should they have been able to be tempted. Seems like a flaw to me.

But then this goes into the whole idea that nothing exists without God, so that means he invented sin because he invented the idea of what constitutes a sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit