If Christ was Divine, How Could He Have Been Tempted?

by leavingwt 141 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Shelby,

It wasn't MY translation or the one I posted, it was littllebird's I think.

I just quoted it.

As you know, I am NOT a trinitarian, though I understand the doctrine and what it means and don't have a problem with it.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Syl... I love you. Truly. The greatest of love and peace to you, dear one... and to your entire household.

Right back atcha!

Truly.

Syl

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby, It wasn't MY translation or the one I posted, it was littllebird's I think. I just quoted it.

Yes, dear PSacto (again, the greatest of love and peace to you)! Perhaps I should not have used the qualifier "your." I only did so, though, because you used that translation to support your response that it:

"Shows that his nature was God, the he made himself into human LIKENESS and had the APPEARANCE of Man. Fully human, yes, but also divine, Human in body, divine in spirit."

Which is inaccurate, sorry (truly).

As you know, I am NOT a trinitarian, though I understand the doctrine and what it means and don't have a problem with it.

Yes, I know this; your position is the two being one. Yes. I did not mean to imply that you were a Trinitarian but only to show that those who mistransliterated the verse did so to support THEIR belief in a Trinity. My sincere apologies if what I stated appeared different than what I meant.

Well, Satan didn't KNOW the Jesus was the son of God, he says over and over "IF", perhaps to instill a sense of doubt in Jesus or to confirm what Jesus may be in his ( satan's) eyes.

The word of my Lord to you, dear PSacto is that the Adverary did not know for a certainty that the man standing before him was the Son. He knew the Son in SPIRIT... but not in the flesh. He did not recognize the vessel. So, he was saying, "If YOU are the Son of God, then..."

There is really no indication that Satan KNEW this was The Word that created HIM, that it was the ONLY Son of God.

The word of my Lord to you, dear PSacto, is that the Adversary knew full well who created him: the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH Himself (and not Christ, the Son)... and that he came into existence THROUGH the Son... and by means of the Son. In the spirit realm, Beli'a'el (Beli-jah-el) was the OTHER angel of the Ark (arkangel) which "stood upon the cover," which "cover" (propitiatory) is Christ. Along with Micha'el, he was to keep his face TOWARD that cover. Like we are. He didn't, however; rather, he began to look at his own "beauty"... which caused him to reach out for more, for something that didn't belong to him: the "kingdom" of the heavens, their heirs of which kingdom had been entrusted to Adam (which he talked Adam out of).

Both Christ, the True Vine, Root of Jesse... Sprout!... and thus, the Tree of Life!... and Beli'a'el... were in the "garden" that was "planted" by JAH, the Cultivator.

I am sure there was some suspicion on Satan's part.

The word of my Lord to you, dear PSacto is that due to our Lord's vessel of flesh... he (Christ) was now HIDDEN from Satan. As WE are... until we MANIFEST who and what we are. Adam was given a long garment of skin to HIDE his "nakedness"... the man he was INSIDE that garment. We, too, are "treasure... HIDDEN IN EARTHEN VESSELS." Which is one of the reasons there is so much... well, suffering and death... in the physical world: the Adversary is "waging war" against the remaining ones of the Woman's seed; however, he doesn't know WHO that seed it... because of the flesh. So, he either has to get such one to manifest themselves by (1) admitting to their union, openly, which starts with one eating and drinking from the Tree of LIFE... (2) denying it, by denying, even cursing God)... or (3) by getting that spirit "released"... through killing the body. It is he who is wreaking havoc in the world, literally "smashing" the "clay pots"... that hold the "treasure," the heirs of the kingdom. The seed of the Woman.

There is no way Satan would have know about God's ultimate Plan for Jesus, the Word incarnate.

The word of my Lord to you, dear PSacto, is that the Adverary absolutely knew, first because it was prophesied in Eden. Second, because HIS job was to protect the "garden" wherein my Lord was planted, he the Tree of Life. He knew... as did Micha'el. Unfortunately, he did not stand fast ON the "Cover" that is the Truth. Micha'el... the OTHER angel of the Ark and cherub that was "covering," did. Which is why Micha'el battled with Beli'a'el (aka Satan and Devil)... and NOT Christ: because, like, Satan, Micha'el's JOB... was to PROTECT the Cover... so that he, Christ, the Cover and Propitiatory... could protect the SEED... which was IN the Ark [of the Covenant].

Because like God and Christ... the seed has enemies in the spirit realm. The are to be protected until their LAST enemy... Death...is brought to nothing.

Please know that I didn't share this to "correct" you. I was directed by my Lord to "expound the way of the truth [to you] more accurately" so that YOU don't get misled. And so, I, SA, have spoken these things to you just as I heard them from my Lord... the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, who is the Son and Christ of the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. I did not deviate, add to, or take away.

Again, peace to you, truly and sincerely!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I never view your opinions as "corrections" Shelby and even if I did, I wouldn't take them in any way other than you doing it out of love :)
    As you know, personal revelation tends to be frowned upon here and as a of late I am trying my best to express my views via what the bibel says and what it doesn't say and tyry my best to make it clear that it's simply my opinion and interpretation.

That's all.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I never view your opinions as "corrections" Shelby and even if I did, I wouldn't take them in any way other than you doing it out of love :)

Thank you, dear PSacto, truly... for "seeing" me. The greatest of love and peace to you!

As you know, personal revelation tends to be frowned upon here...

Ah, yes, but what's a Body [member] to do? Obey the Spirit, dear one... and do not worry yourself over what others "frown" upon. There have always been such and always will be... until our Lord returns. Just speak the truth... for in doing so, you will shame the Devil.

and as a of late I am trying my best to express my views via what the bibel says

I understand, dear one... and, yes, it is safer. I try to keep in mind, though, that such safety isn't necessarily a fruit of our heavenly Father's spirit - .

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, I have accepted that at times, how I say things has been has been a stumbling block for some and that is NOT soemthing I can live with, so I am trying my best to express myself in a way that isNOT a stumbling block.

I am trying my best to be a "gentile for the gentile and jew for the jew" ;)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, I have accepted that at times, how I say things has been has been a stumbling block for some and that is NOT soemthing I can live with.

I am truly sorry for that, dear PSacto (the greatest of love and peace to you!), because apparently that is NOT the way of our Lord. While it is true that we are cautioned against stumbling others it is not by WHAT we say... or even how we SAY it... but whether what is say is burdensome, judgmental, hypocritical... or false. Otherwise, our Lord himself is "guilty" of what you state.

"Therefore many of his disciples, when they heard this, said: “This speech is shocking; who can listen to it?” But [Jesus], knowing in himself that his disciples were murmuring about this, said to them: “Does this stumble YOU?What, therefore, if YOU should behold the Son of man ascending to where he was before? It is the spirit that is life-giving; the flesh is of no use at all. The sayings that I have spoken to YOU are spirit and are life. But there are some of YOU that do not believe.” For from [the] beginning [Jesus] knew who were the ones not believing and who was the one that would betray him.So he went on to say: “This is why I have said to YOU , No one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.” Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him."

I am sorry, dear PSacto, but our Lord has not taught me to be the "ear tickler." As JUSTMOM related to you all some time ago, I started this long ago with "What! You wish me to say WHAT, Lord?!!" I promise you, many days early on my own spirit spoke the same words of Jeremiah:

"You have fooled me, O Jah, so that I was fooled. You used your strength against me, so that you prevailed. I became an object of laughter all day long; everyone is holding me in derision.For as often as I speak, I cry out. Violence and despoiling are what I call out. For the word of JaHVeH became for me a cause for reproach and for jeering all day long.And I said: “I am NOT going to make mention of him, and I shall speak no more in his name.” And in my heart it proved to be like a burning fire shut up in my bones; and I got tired of holding in, and I was unable [to endure it]. For I heard the bad report of many. There was fright all around. “T ELL out, that we may tell out about him.” Every mortal man bidding me “Peace!”—they are watching for my limping: “Perhaps he will be fooled, so that we may prevail against him and take our revenge upon him.” But JaHVeH was with me like a terrible mighty one. That is why the very ones persecuting me will stumble and not prevail. They will certainly be put to much shame, because they will not have prospered. [Their] indefinitely lasting humiliation will be one that will not be forgotten."

And our Lord would say to me, as he said to dear Jeremiah, "[the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of armies, is examining the righteous one, child; He sees the kidneys and the heart." And because of HIS love... and what my Lord has taught ME, rather than ask, as Jeremiah did, "May I see your vengeance upon them, for to you I have revealed my case at law," I would listen to our Lord tell me to be patient and "Sing to JAH! Praise JAH! For He has delivered the soul of the poor one out of the hand of evildoers." Not will... but HAS.

And then my Lord would remind me of the Prophet's words:

“To whom shall I speak and give warning, that they may hear? Look! Their ear is uncircumcised, so that they are unable to pay attention. Look! The very word of JaHVeH has become to them a reproach, in which they can take no delight."

And I would say to them, as I say now, "YOU have been so kind to ME, Lord... and to MY household. What can I do for YOU? There is nothing, truly. Wait, I know: here I am. Send ME. I will go and I will speak just as you direct me. Whether they hear... or refrain."

And... here I am. Where he has directed me to be. Sharing what he gives ME... and/or what he directs me to share. Whether folks here... or refrain.

As always, I do bid you the greatest of love and peace. And, if you are willing, the understanding that if YOUR "gift" is, I dunno, speaking to folks in a way that makes them speak well of you (although not necessarily causing them to listen to what you're saying)... then I absolutely have NO problem with that. So be it. Because it is not upon ME to judge the house servant of another. I only wish that some of you... particularly those who to profess to be of God's Household (as well at those who call themselves "enlightened" but happen to be some of THE most judgmental people I've ever personally come across, some even more so than those they hypocritically speak ill of)... would be the same as to me... and stop judging me... because that is NOT my gift... OR my assignment.

I am set in the Body just as the Most Holy One of Israel has set me, dear one... and if that doesn't feel "right" to you, I implore you to go to HIM... through Christ... and make sure that I actually AM in error... versus just making YOU uncomfortable. For which I apologize, but sincerely cannot help.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Chalam
    Chalam

"Shows that his nature was God, the he made himself into human LIKENESS and had the APPEARANCE of Man. Fully human, yes, but also divine, Human in body, divine in spirit."

AGuest Which is inaccurate, sorry (truly).

Shelby, what do you consider is the correct rendering for John 1:1? Matthew 1:23? Hebrews 1:3? 2 Corinthians 4:4? Colossians 1:15?

Do you consider there is a difference between mankind made 'in the image of God' Genesis 1:26-27 and Jesus who is 'the image of God', 'the exact imprint of His nature', 'the image of the invisible God' 2 Corinthians 4:4, Hebrews 1:3, Colossians 1:15?

Blessings,

Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Shelby,

You are far stronger than I and I thank Our Lord that he has asked "baby steps" of me at this point in time.

Understand this though, you do not make ME uncomfortbale at all :)

• Inkie
    Inkie

Stephen:

If you will permit me to speak, my Lord tells me, and thus I share with you, that:

Mankind was NOT made ‘in the image of God,’ Adam and his wife Eve were made in the image of God. We, their progeny, were made in the image of Adam/Eve—after they sinned. (Genesis 5:3) As for Jaheshua (whom you call Jesus), well, yes, he is the ‘image of God’; however, note that these biblical expressions (‘image of God,’ ‘exact imprint of His nature,’ ‘image of the invisible God,’ are always used of him AFTER his death, resurrection, and glorification.

--Inkie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit