OK 25 years out!!!

by Lady Lee 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm not the longest out. Mouthy was out before I was and a handfull of others.

But this year marked 25 out for me as opposed to 22 years in

This life is what you choose to make it. And choose is the operative word here. As Witnesses we sat back, did what we were told and waited for the end.

Real life doesn't work that way. Well it can be we won't get much satisfaction from it.

Recovery is work. Life is work just as marriage is work. If we want something we need to go out there and get it - an education, a career, a relationship, recovery.

Sitting back and waiting for these things to fall into our laps won't get us there.

Find your dream. Create your dream. Make it realistic. And go get it.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Woot Woot!!!! Good on you, I agree with your advice. I can not believe how happy I am, the first year out was the hardest.

• mouthy
    mouthy

The WT lost an asset when you left Lee....All those deaf members must have missed you.

Thank God you got out in one peice while you still had your brains. I only got out after I had
    Lost my hubby ( who I drove mad preaching at him) alienated all my "worldly"friends .
    I Lost all the members (JW')including family whom I still love but they shun me.
    Your young enough to do it right now & I see you are (((HUG)

• I quit!
    I quit!

Congatulations on 25 years out of Watchtower Hell. I have you beat by a few years. I left around 1980.

I agree 100 percent with your advice. You have so many opportunities once you leave the shackles of the the WT behind. I love to hear stories of how some are now going to college and investing in their future rather than sitting around waiting Armageddon to happen.

• tec
    tec

Congrats, Lady Lee!!!

((((Mouthy))))

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks tec I needed that today

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Grace I know you left before I did but I forget how many years you have been out. At leasdt I think you left before 1985. I miss my deaf friends too.

I quit

30 years!!! AWESOME

thanks A&W and tec

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well done.

I am unlikely ever to reach the point where I have been out longer than I was in.

• mouthy
    mouthy

No Lee I was kicked out in 1987 two years after Frank died ....He died in 1985 I always remember him telling me
    "They wont look after you when I am gone( he was dying then) because they dont look after widows."
    He must have been a prophet LOL

• laverite
    laverite

Lady Lee,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Awesome post BTW. I couldn't agree more!

Here are some things for you as we celebrate:

And for dear Mouthy: ((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

Love,

-LV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit