OK 25 years out!!!

by Lady Lee 52 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    I am unlikely ever to reach the point where I have been out longer than I was in.

I could probably count myself in that category as well. Even when I stopped attending in my late teens, the teachings still haunted me and I was still living in my 'rents basement till I re-associated and baptized years later. I didn't have acess to the internets before that so I had no access to outside info until it was too late. It was like I never left. Now that I'm on my own and I'm here, I'm never going back.
    Congrats to Lee and everyone who has left and is determined never to go back.

V665

• loosie
  • laverite
    laverite

My lord, Loosie, that's a lot of cake and and a lot of alcohol. That's a FUN party you are throwing for Lady Lee! Is the cake chocolate?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Never Give UpSong by Barbara Streisand

new lyrics to fit the cause

I'm a mine of information
    I'm a witness to the cause
    I been watchin' them watchin' me babe
    And the words I have aren'r lost
    Just wanna left alone not found
    Wanna live my life free now
    I wanna be everything I can be
    And I'm in control now with more then my heart
    A room with a view
    There's only a world there

I will never give up , never give up , never give up
    I will never go back
    How ccould I go back to stay

Did you ever get hungry or thirsty
    With a dream to satisfy
    You don't wanna be safe from being lonely
    But you're throat is kinda dry
    Did you ever get senseless or defenseless
    An exception to the rule
    Everyone pushin' you but and there's nowhere to turn
    And I'm livin' this life so free dear
    Whatever it takes I long to remain here

Life knows no other way
    Freedom to think and believe what I need
    This is my life
    And it'll be forever mine

• doublelife
    doublelife

Congrats! I find your post very motivating. I've been considering going to college. However, there are other things I want to do too. Now that I can do whatever I want, I'm finding myself wanting to do a lot of different things. I just don't know where to start.

• laverite
    laverite

Sing it, girl!!

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Lady Lee, congratulations on your 25 years out. I left in the mid-70's for 8 years - disfellowshipped and wanted nothing to do with it, but made the big mistake of going back. Now I have not been to a meeting in about 4 years, don't know exactly how long, and am making my life what I want it to be. I wish I was like you and had all that time out, but no use crying over spilled milk.

Mouthy, your husband wasn't a prophet. He was observant and was commenting on what he saw. For an organization that claims to have such love, and claims they are true followers of Christ because they have that love, they sure don't show love. Taking care of widows is certainly not something they do, unless of course the widow has lots and lots of money to throw around.

• Violia
    Violia

Congrats LL and Mouthy, your husband was right- they don't look after widows and orphans as the Bible says we should.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

double life - as hard as it is to choose, get the education or training you need to support yourself so you can do all those things you want to do

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Kids Light T's

An e-gift for you!

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit