What's the saddest movie you've ever seen?

by JimmyPage 143 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I cried at the end of "Cry Freedom" cuz of all of the names at the end (Steve Biko's death tore me up too).

• dinah
    dinah

Pay it Forward

Old Yeller--I watched it once when I was a kid--NEver again

• donuthole
    donuthole

"Grave of the Fireflies", without question. It is a Japanese animated film about two children that are orphaned when their village gets fire bombed during World War II. If you don't bawl during that movie I would question your humanity. :-)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Where the Red Fern Grows, or is it Lil Ann and Old Dan?

Josie, my favorite sister cried so hard at Cry Freedom that I thought we were going to have to take her to ER.

Syl

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

bambi

easy rider

• Nowman
    Nowman

Empire of the Sun - I sob at the end. Christian Biel was just a 10-11 boy in this movie. Its one of my all time favorites.

Nikki

• peacedog
    peacedog

The ending of Gladiator always gets me...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

THE HOURS

That poor woman waiting all her life for him to say "I love you"

HB

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Big Fish

I saw this movie with my two sons and cried like a little girl at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrE0aveN2n4&feature=related

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Das Boat was sad to me. I hated the ending. With all that they had been through, for it to end like that broke my heart.

I hated the end of Once Upon a Time in the West seeing Cheyenne dying. It shouldn't have ended like that. There's a part of me that hopes when I die, its like that, and hope someone would be willing to avenge me.

I hated the end of Heat too. Deniro just couldn't let it go. He had to go kill Waingro. He just had to. He had the money, had his girl to sail off in the sunset, but his pride got the best of him, and had to get Waingro. Seeing him going back to his car after killing Waingro, with his woman waiting for him in the passenger seat, and Pacino coming for him had me screaming at the television. It broke my heart seeing his girl's heart broke, and then to get shot in the end and Pacino staying with him in his dying moments was sad to me.

Shawshank Redemption had a few scenes I though were sad too. When Brooks got out and couldn't handle life on the outside, and then hung himself, I hated that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit