What's the saddest movie you've ever seen?

by JimmyPage 143 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

The saddest movie ever made was Vanishing Point.

The only happy thing about it was that the car crashed into the bulldozers was actually a disguised 6-cylinder Camaro, not the Dodge Challenger.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

A Cry in the Dark

• minimus
    minimus

Dead Poet's Society

• undercover
    undercover
    Dead Poet's Society

Yea, Dead Poet's Society was pretty sad, but I loved the scene where the class all stood on their desk in honor of the instructor.

Field of Dreams gets me. I can relate on a personal level with Costner's relationship with his father and the connection of baseball. I can't get through it without losing it. I only watch it alone.

The saddest movie ever made was Vanishing Point.

Even sadder was the remake. Oh God, was that bad. So bad, it was sad.

Speaking of road movies, Easy Rider had a "will bum you out" ending. Sad, but made you angry at the same time. I remember the first time I saw it. I was so mad...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Even sadder was the remake. Oh God, was that bad. So bad, it was sad.

Sad in a different sense - but yes: Sad in the vomit-inducing sense. Sad in the brain-rotting metastasized TUMOR inducing sense.

• tec
    tec

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was sad, in many ways.

When a Man Loves a Woman, with Meg Ryan. I cried through nearly that entire movie. It wasn't really sad per se, it was just life... but I bawled and bawled.

Tammy

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

There are some intense sad scenes in movies one that got me was in The music box with Jessica Lange. The scene in the car when she is smiling at first as the music box plays then her smile turns to sobbing and realization as the photos pop out showing the horrible things her father did in ww2 and she sobs and looses it over the betrayal its quite a moment.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Schindler's List

Green Mile

Dead Poet Society

The Pursuit of Happyness

Beaches

Steel Magnolias

Million Dollar Baby

Shawshank Remdemption

Forest Gump

Titanic

Marley & Me

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sophie's Choice. Hands down the saddest.

• ronpaul
    ronpaul

Dr Zhivago (the David Lean version)

The English Patient

also my 2 favourite films: both very sad and both about adultery...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit