What's the saddest movie you've ever seen?

by JimmyPage 143 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Titanic

One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest

Ghost

What Dreams May Come

Death of a Salesman

My Life (Ugh)

United 93

Moulin Rouge

Forrest Gump

Life Is Beautiful

Somewhere in Time

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

No "Old Yeller"? No "Where The Red Fern Grows"? No "Marley and Me"?

You people hate dogs, don't you?

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Schindlers List - first movie to bring me to tears in the actual cinema.

I looked across the aisle and looked at another guy there - he was in tears as well.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Ynot,

It's a while ago I saw the movie. My impression was that sometimes in life you meet the person you should be with but it will never happen in this life or the next. Maybe that's not what it was supposed to be about but that's how I felt when I'd seen it.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

The Bridge to Terabithea.

Got really choked up at the end.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Requiem for a Dream. Utterly depressing.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    No "Marley and Me"?

I got into trouble with my sister-in-law for that one. I brought it over for my nieces, and they came out of the bedroom bawling.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Ynot, some of Ian McEwan's other work is very moving. Atonement is being turned into opera.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Hard to say. There are movies with sad moments and happy endings. There are movies with sad endings that make you think. Then there are movies with overall depressing themes.

I'll agree with The Road being a depressing movie overall. It came pretty close to matching the book in that regard.

Au Revoir Les Enfants, Pan's Labyrinth, Daremo Shiranai, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Salaam Bombay, The Sheltering Sky - just some movies that came to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit