What's the saddest movie you've ever seen?

by JimmyPage 143 Replies latest jw friends

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Shane.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I went to a theater and saw the movie Big Fish. It is a story of a son coming to terms with his dying father.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319061/

There was a young man with what appeared to be his date sitting behind me. The movie touched an emotional cord and he started crying, almost to the point of hysteria.

• flipper
    flipper

A couple movies that come to mind for me which made my tears really flow were " The Green Mile " & " Cold Mountain ". Real tearjerkers ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• mamalove
    mamalove

A good sad....was "The Notebook."

Inglorious Bastards made me sad too. The hatred made me sad.

I don't see many sad movies.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

If sad means made me cry uncontrollably through the entire movie, then Saving Private Ryan is my first. Also Jean De Florette and Manon of the Spring. Hotel Rwanda.

• jay88
    jay88

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Legends of the Fall gets my vote. I thought that AI was also very depressing.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

"My Life" with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. Michael Keaton is dying and he makes a video for his young son,because he knows he won't be around to watch his son grow up. I was balling my eyes out.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I hated the ending to Carlito's Way. Billy Blanco from the Bronx got him. I hated Cheyenne dying in Once Upon a Time In the West. Shawshank Redemption when the older inmate hung himself because he couldn't hack it on the outside, that made me sad. Kane dying at the end of Menace II Society was sad to me. The ending to Goodfellas when he testified against Pauly and Jimmy, that broke my heart. The ending to Das Boat was very disturbing. I mean they finally made it!!! Only to get gunned down. It just wasn't right.

• agonus
    agonus

NOBODY has mentioned The Pianist? That film makes "Schindler's List" look like "The Wizard of Oz!"

Totally onboard with Grave of the Fireflies and Million Dollar Baby.

And, yes, A.I. might be one of the saddest science-fiction films ever made.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit