What's the saddest movie you've ever seen?

by JimmyPage 143 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

And I might be the only one here, but in spite of the general goofy-spoofy tone, I thought there were moments in District 9 that were genuinely sad and moving.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I've gotta catch District 9 from the beginning. I keep catching it towards the end. The scene with the African dudes is classic when he sticks that bomb thing in dudes eye. The special effects on that are whoa!

The Pianist is with Adrian Brody right? I don't like that guy for some reason. I saw him in Predators and I thought he overacted the role. Granted its a Sci-Fi movie, and impossible to be believable, but he could have did better for being an award winning actor.

Schindler's List wasn't sad to me, and I think I know why. It's hard to view WW2 movies as sad when the holocaust and Hitler are shoved down your throat so much. It's almost made me numb to it all.

While we're on the subject of Hitler, he was a heluva speaker wasn't he? Can you imagine Brother Hitler doing the Bible Highlights? Or the public talk before it got cut back to 30 minutes? I guarantee you there would be at least a 50% increase in pioneers after he did a part on the Service Meeting.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Oh yeah, District 9 was pretty sad too.

Did anyone else bawl at the end of The Empire Strikes Back when Han Solo was frozen? That was the worst Star Wars movie- until the new ones came out anyway.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

See to me, Empire Strikes Back was the best one! Although Han Solo was frozen, the coolest bounty hunter since Clint Eastwood was profiting from Han's sad plight! Who you might ask? This man right here.........

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Joy Luck Club for starters.

Fried Green Tomatoes Buddy's and Ruth's deaths.

To Kill A Mockingbird

Sophie's Choice

Titanic Leo looks like my son. When he died it was hard to watch.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Agonus, The Pianist is one movie that moved me to the core of my soul.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Five People You Meet in Heaven, especially when Eddie's wife died from cancer.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Last of the Mohicans.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Chase:

The one from the late 1960's with Marlon Brando, Angie Dickenson and Robert Redford.

Napoleon Dynamite fan here. Saw it when they released it a second time at the theater. Never heard of it until that day. We were looking for a movie and Andy is an Elvis Costello fan. It was a few months old at the time. I pre-ordered the DVD for Andy that Christmas. I also bought him the soundtrack. Very unique score for sure.

"I don't know, build her a cake or something."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When I was a kid we saw Uncle Tom's Cabin. I was very moved by it and To Kill A Mockingbird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit