The pain got too much so I wrote to my daughter....

by Lozhasleft 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

Loz - My stomach feels sick reading that she changed her settings. I'm so sorry. This is all so wrong. She is being controlled to act that way.

Your letter was beautiful and heartfelt. She knows you love her. Don't ever give up in trying. One day your love will get through the programming.

Sending you lots and lots of love .

Hadit

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

That's too bad Loz. We can only hope that one day she'll regret this...

V665

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks guys.

Loz x

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Loz I'm so sorry for you, I have a great big lump in my throat and I feel sick. There is'nt one word we can say to change the situation. We can't stop the WT from hurting people like this, but you know you have our love and understanding.

Your daughter is so young and doesn't realise what she is doing, hopefully she will wake up one day and come back to you.

You're in my prayers. xx

@Palmtree for you too.

• Chalam
    Chalam

I obviously didnt reach her heart.

I disagree.

Anyhow, don't throw away hope!

Isaiah 40:28-31 (New International Version)

28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
    The LORD is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
    He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Jeremiah 31:16-17 (New International Version)

16 This is what the LORD says:
    "Restrain your voice from weeping
    and your eyes from tears,
    for your work will be rewarded,"
    declares the LORD.
    "They will return from the land of the enemy.

17 So there is hope for your future,"
    declares the LORD.
    "Your children will return to their own land.

Micah 7:6-7 (New International Version)

6 For a son dishonors his father,
    a daughter rises up against her mother,
    a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
    a man's enemies are the members of his own household.

7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
    I wait for God my Savior;
    my God will hear me.

Romans 12:12 (New International Version)

12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 15:13 (New International Version)

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 13:13 (New International Version)

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Blessings, Stephen

• cantleave
    cantleave

(((((LOZ)))))

I am so sorry for the hurt you are feeling. YES you did the right thing, you have the right to express your feeling. You have invested so much time and effort in your daughter's upbringing so it is right that you let her know how you feel.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you. My hubby was worried about me contacting her in case there was more rejection. But life is so short...I dont want her ever thinking I didnt care or miss her this much. I cant do anymore and I'll leave things now for as long as I can again.

Loz x

• ataloa
    ataloa

((Loz and Palmtree))

So sorry, Loz. Palmtree made a good point. It's very important to make your feelings known to her, for the record. It may not have an immediate effect on her, but one day when she looks back, she'll know you did what you could and that she is loved. And if you have to take a punch for it, at least you know you can.

I think you did great.

• snowbird
    snowbird

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever. MSG

Not to deluge you with Scriptural citations, dear heart, but the above passage helps me so when I'm feeling down.

You did the right thing; you bared you heart and soul to your daughter; the rest is up to her.

Stay strong.

Sending you lots of love and a prayer for strength to face the future.

Blessings to you and yours.

Syl

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Loz:

My hubby was worried about me contacting her in case there was more rejection.

I have a lovely man like that, too.

He is extra kind and good to me when I'm dealing with this kind of thing.

I think it's really important for you to continue to make contact, in any way possible. Just do it when you are at your best mentally, and prepare yourself for the rejection that will likely come.

The illustration of the seeds is what I think about. You won't see results right away. And some seeds take longer to germinate than others. Just don't stop sowing love, Loz. You never know when you'll see a sprout in return!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit