The pain got too much so I wrote to my daughter....

by Lozhasleft 46 Replies latest jw friends

• pirata
    pirata

Even if your daughter doesn't reply, I'm sure she will apprecite hearing from you and knowing that you care. Right now she is blinded by her loyalties to the religion. But in time she may start to see things more clearly and realize who cares about her.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks Mr Flipper...my 4 older kids have formed a gang years ago with the help of the Org to give me a bad time and now they've enveloped her too....I'm sorry you have this too...you're right it IS criminal.

Loz x

• wasblind
    wasblind

Loz, reaching out to your child is never wrong in my eyes.

Palm, so sorry to hear of your plight also, try and keep your head up

Hugs & Love to you both

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Loz, Some days, don't you just feel like screaming, " I DON'T WANNA BE THE MOM ANYMORE!!"

I feel like I am in a constant battle to keep her close, while her father bad-mouths me all the time.

I can't even imagine how hard it is for you to be actually shunned by your daughter.

Sometimes, I just want to give up. But like TroubledMind said, Reaching out is always the right thing. When mine is like this, I give her a few days, then talk to her like nothing happened. I try to deal with the issue at a better time, when she's more receptive.

I kept on trying with my son and we have a great relationship now. But then, he is older and out of the stubborn teen years!

Even if your daughter doesn't respond now, she will know you tried and she will know that you will always be there for her. One day, she will need you, and then she won't be afraid to make contact because you didn't give up.

Biggest Hugs to you tonight, Loz.

(Thanks, Tammy-girl. I'll be okay. Will have a big cry and feel better.)

• tec
    tec

Will have a big cry and feel better.

Now I'm teary eyed too. I think I'll have a big cry for you... both of you.

Tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Such healing words on here...makes me so proud to know you all...

Loz x

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I hope you hear from her soon.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Writing your daughter is never wrong. Don't beat yourself up for doing the right thing.

• I quit!
    I quit!

"I wish I could turn back time and slam that door on them, but we cant can we?"

They should be forced to wear a warning label like a pack of cigarettes when they come to your door. You have no idea how much harm getting involved with them can cause in your life till it is too late. Your are not alone in your frustration on this board. I hope it gets better for you.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I would be encouraged by her age. At the young age of 17 there is a very good chance you will get her back, keep pluggin away and the Information Revolution will eventually open her eyes.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit