The pain got too much so I wrote to my daughter....

by Lozhasleft 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I just wrote a message to my youngest daughter - its been over a year since we were in touch. She moved to live with an older sibling and cut off contact with me. She's only 17. Its been heartbreaking. It will be agonising waiting to see if she replies. I dont know if I've done the right thing.

• tec
    tec

((((Loz))))

I hope she comes back to you. 17 is a stubborn (I know everything and you're just my mom) age. Be strong.

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Oh, poor Loz!

I had a huge fight last night with my 17 yr old daughter. Didn't sleep all night, and so today I'm completely bagged. And probably won't sleep tonight either.

Wish we could share a bottle of wine together tonight.....

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I am so sorry Loz! I can't even imagine that kind of pain. It goes to show that this organization can even destroy the natural affection of a family. If you read Titus 1:11, you will exactly what they are doing.

I hope you know that we are all here for you!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks guys ...so much. Yea Palm Tree , (sad you've been sad too) I wish we could too. Good scripture Bro Dan. Love you Tammy. The pain of this is slowly killing a part of me.

Loz x

• tec
    tec

((((Palm)))) You too? I'm so sorry. You call me if you need/want a sounding board.

Love to both of you.

Tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Loz, at the instigating of her JW father, my daughter blackmailed me last night. I have to pay her $300/month and her phone bill or she says she will sue me.

It basically reduces our relationship to a blackmail agreement.

Very sad.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Reaching out to your child is always the right thing Loz ....She needs to be reminded it isn't you that is pulling away . I hope you receive a civil reply .

(((loz)))

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I hope so too Troubledmind, thank you.

Palm Tree thats so awful hun. Having this damn religion in between the love between us and our families is so insiduous...there's no way to condone the effects they bring about. I wish I could turn back time and slam that door on them, but we cant can we? I just dont want to walk around with all this love for my daughter in my heart and the sorrow that eats me up and not let her know how much I care....it feels wrong.

I hope you can reach her heart Palm Tree, somehow?

Loz x

• flipper
    flipper

LOZHA- I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Like Troubled Mind said- it's ALWAYS the right thing to open up your heart to your children. It's good you wrote her. I hope you receive a civil reply as well.

Please be assured of our love and caring . I haven't seen my youngest JW daughter 22yrs.old ( regular pioneer ) in over 3 years or talked to her in 5 months now. She won't return my calls just asking how she's doing. My older JW daughter ( also a regular pioneer ) 23 yrs.old - haven't seen her since April of 2008 two and a half years now. I last talked to her almost 8 months ago on the phone. This JW cult is criminal what they are causing to occur in families. But I won't give up on my daughters - they are in a trap of cult mind control without knowing it. Remember- it's the same with your daughter. If she had her REAL HUMAN AUTHENTIC mind - she wouldn't treat you this way Lozha , same with my daughters. It's like our children have a mental illness right now and we just have to be there for them WHEN they break out of it someday.

I know it's tough, but perhaps putting it into THAT perspective helps you to see it's not US , it's THEM that is messed up. Hang in there, if you ever would like to talk, just PM me, I'm only a phone call away. I do know what you're going through. Love & hugs, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit