Oz Govt following UK & French lead on Tax/Charity status

by Mattieu 153 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bohm
    bohm

Reniaa was asked:

Yes or no. Should a government be able to REVOKE the tax-excempt status for a religion which ABUSE said status?

Reniaa answered no.

that say it all.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bohm, if Reniaa said no that than there is really nothing more to discuss on this with her. Also shws her complete blindness and lack of reasoning ability...which is not surprising.

I guess, as the proverbial saying goes...don't throw your pearls before swine.

• bohm
    bohm

Reniaa/Debator:

Yes or no. Should a government be able to REVOKE the tax-excempt status for a religion which ABUSE said status?: Debator/Reniaa answered: NO

According to our debator, no much how much scientology, the moonies, etc. abuse their status as religion - no matter how much or how - it should remain tax excempt.

But a witness who "abuse" his/her status as witness should and can have it removed at once under threat of not talking to his/her family again. Thats just fair.

Isaac: This troll is quite retarded. Perhaps we should give it to Mary?

• debator
    debator

Isaac

All you are proving is Some people think preaching isn't important against "good works" as defined by themselves. Which is were religions are heading. But since witnesses do help others besides their preaching work especially in disaster zones. Then they still qualify by your "bit of both" point too. Our main thrust has always been preaching the good news and not justification through works but allow works to result from our preaching work and helping others naturally as needed.

We are the ones with no strings attach Isaac We preach to anyone or everyone whether they get help from us or not. We think even the poorest person has a right to learn about the bible and God's word.

• bohm
    bohm

Reniaa/Debator: Why invoke any preaching? isnt that completely irrelevant? You made it perfectly clear it does not matter at all to you - if all the money the witness ever got just went to brooklyn and they never did anything, you still think it should be tax-excempt!

Yes or no. Should a government be able to REVOKE the tax-excempt status for a religion which ABUSE said status? Debator/Reniaa answered: NO

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ren/Debator:

Isaac

All you are proving is Some people think preaching isn't important against "good works" as defined by themselves. Which is were religions are heading. But since witnesses do help others besides their preaching work especially in disaster zones. Then they still qualify by your "bit of both" point too. Our main thrust has always been preaching the good news and not justification through works but allow works to result from our preaching work and helping others naturally as needed.

My reply: Preaching one's religion is not providing a social service the government would otherwise have to provide. Assisting the underprivelaged is.

Renia said:

We are the ones with no strings attach Isaac We preach to anyone or everyone whether they get help from us or not. We think even the poorest person has a right to learn about the bible and God's word.

My reply: Sure, you will cult-wash anyone- no strings attached. I give you that. You will not assist in any other way NO STRINGS attached. thanks for enforcing that point.

• debator
    debator

Hi bohn

You ignored what I actually did reply. filling in the blanks from my "no" yourself I see and adding witnesses too despite my proof that we were upheld as a religion by the european courts. I so knew you were going to do that.

The french governments are not going to stop these "abusive" religions they simply going to take some money off them in tax which really makes a damp squib of your appeal to emotion.

Like I said this is just religious intolerance wrapped up in taxation. If their motivations were purer they wouldn't be charging money for the pleasure.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Ren/bator:

The french governments are not going to stop these "abusive" religions they simply going to take some money off them in tax which really makes a damp squib of your appeal to emotion.

My reply: The governments can not 'stop' them...but they can sure remove their subsidation of them. These groups then have two choices- pay the tax or go underground.

• bohm
    bohm

Debator/Reniaa: "You ignored what I actually did reply"

Well, what is it? It was a yes/no question and you did write a no, but if you didnt mean that, you can have a nother stap.

You think you can manage an answer without a tirade about a SPECIFIC religion this time?

Yes or no. Should a government be able to REVOKE the tax-excempt status for a religion which ABUSE said status?

• debator
    debator

What's the point? when it is a loaded question that you fill in the blanks yourself afterwards. I don't like being used bohn. Anyway I am only repeating myself now. And since you clearly do not agree with the european court of rights over witnessess that shows your bias.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit