Brace yourselves: The GOOD things about the WTBS! heh

by theMadJW 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

PSacramento: Well, yes. I think we all understand him to a point. But there comes a certain line , when you cross it, you should stop pretending and accept the inescapable conclusion that the societys intepretation of the bible and everything they do is just silly. WHether or not he comes to that conclusion is up to him.

At the end of the day we are all human. We all have bood running thru our veins, it all circulates through the heart. If we have good intentions they will show if we have an agenda IT WILL SHOW.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

"No way is that true for "ANY" other religion. You're not going to be greeted by a bunch of people at the door who accept you as one of them and would often give you the shirt of their back to help you out. You're not going to some random catholic in Prague and having a unique bond because you're catholic too.

Now stay there a year in their congregation and become a part of the clique culture and its a different stories. But JW strangers are treated special wherever they land."

That depends. There are horror stories out there....

I was born a JW until i was 30. I come from very very popular Hospitble ppl the Italians ...All i have to say is that it depends on the congregation. IF the congregation is very warm , sure. If they are cold, FORGET IT. .....I cant tell you how many times ive heard of when a brother came back from visiting anothe congregation after giving a talk , for example, that he was surprised no one ever offered him as much as a cup of coffee. Usually its ALWAYS being invited over for a meal . Sometimes if they dont like the way you look or your appearance is not up to par , Forget it.

THere was an experience of a brohter who go stuck in california. Lost his wallet had no money. So he figured he would simply go to the Kingdom Hall and get help as he was visiting from another state. THEY WOULDNT EVEN GIVE HIM BUS FARE So it depends on the cong obviously.

I think a closed group like Jeh WItnesses ARE by NATURE going to INVITE and be OPEN to invite stranger JWs into their fold because of the nature of the religion. They are not popular. THey have something to prove. They will go out of their way to show their love JUST TO SHOW THEIR LOVE cuz they are supposed to be tht ONLY true religion so it is a "matter of course" that this happens.

Of course as with any closed group, they will love bomb you until they find something they object to.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    12- Prejudices are destroyed; no racial, financial, educational or any other divisions.

There is prejudice in any Kingdom Hall..It`s not hard to find..

Amen to that.

And, it cuts both ways.

Syl

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

MadExJDub, let me get this straight- you are a long-time JW who is angry at the org and has little faith in it, yet consider it your brotherhood who you are happy to be a part of and it has so many good points.

Ok, that makes about as much sense an the uninspired, Spirit-directed prophet that the GB claims to be.

• bez
    bez

It is easy for a person whom we meet over the Internet to be deceptive about his identity, his spirituality, or his motives. (Ps. 26:4) An individual claiming to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses may actually be an unbeliever, a disfellowshipped person, or even an active apostate. (Gal. 2:4)

Sorry i just pinched this from another thread... just thought it was quite appropriate here. Seen as you actually have so many negative things to say about the org and those 'at the top' maybe actually this is all you are!

Cus lets face it MJW , seen as you dont accept or believe ALL things taught by the "senile" (your own words) men at the top, then you clearly are not following the 'rules' and according to points like this made in the kingdom ministry, are actually just a deceptive 'apostate'!

Be true to yourself

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Isaac, post that recipe LOL. I might take a crack at that tonight. I haven't baked cookies in quite a long time. I hope its a chocalate chip.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You really think you can point out LOVE?!?!? They ONLY have conditional love. If you disagree with them they will throw you out faster than...well...it's pretty fast and I'm not clever enough to think of how fast it is...

I've experienced love, far greater love, from people outside the organization. The shouts of "We have love!" that the WTS promotes is nothing more than propaganda.

That being said, there are ACTS of love that happen by individual JWs. There are certainly loving PEOPLE within the org. But you can't call the org as a whole LOVING.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

MadJW, everything you posted shows that you are living in an illusion. It's sad really. They SAY all of these things exist. But they don't. And the NWT is the most accurate bible? WHA?!?!? Even non Christian scholars will disagree with you on that one. It's full of biased dishonesty.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I will have to find it! LOL I'll see what I can do MLE.

• isaacaustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit