Brace yourselves: The GOOD things about the WTBS! heh

by theMadJW 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    Sorry, MB- not true; I waited for YOU to answer a question- never did. Maybe YOU don't live here, either.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/198354/7/All-the-accusations-and-no-substance-how-SHOCKING

You said this:

First- it is NOT about the WTBS- its about my beliefs; are they a fallacy as most? Putting them to the TEST is the most effective way of ascertaining weteher they are or not- and what better place than HERE!
    Furthermore, the deceptive NAME of this site lures people wanting to learn more about use- and all this Coprolite is hurled around...
    I am on MANY sites, talking to MANY people, respecting those that thing, playing games with those that DON'T.
    Despite what bad experiences some her may have been thru- it DOESN'T change the fact that we have the TRUTH about God- albeit with some of the goofy opinions on prophecy, and the GB with the Apostle Complex (thinking too much of themselves)...

I asked this:

You said "it DOESN'T change the fact that we have the TRUTH about God". Who are we?

Outlaw posted a comment and you went off on that, even though I said:

I thought we were having a nice discussion.

and:

Well, I guess you truly aren't here for real discussion. I find that sad. Best of luck to you.

So, no, I'm not wrong. You showed your true intentions for being here. And as for "not living here", my question was made 6 minutes after yours and 35 minutes before you starting trading taunts with outlaw. K?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

MB, you know the "We" I was referring to was us JWs; why the game?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Because this doesn't sound like talk from any JW I know. So in my mind, you could not have been referring to JWs. No game, at least not on my end.

Despite what bad experiences some her may have been thru- it DOESN'T change the fact that we have the TRUTH about God- albeit with some of the goofy opinions on prophecy, and the GB with the Apostle Complex (thinking too much of themselves)...
  • brotherdan
    brotherdan

I see what MB was saying, Mad. You say that you don't follow the FADS. However, you say "We". Who is we? It's not a game. It's a very specific and direct question. One that you ALWAYS avoid.

• Chalam
    Chalam

theMadJW If they don't know what DEATH is- how can they understand Life & Peace?

You need to re-read the verse again.

Romans 8:6 (New International Version)

6 The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

MB- it is TRUE; I'm NOT your typical JW.

There is Jah/Christ & Truth, the WTBS, and JWs.

I look at the WTBS as my servant, NOT my MASTER, and weigh everything they say with scripture.

Most is truth- some is coprolite!

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Mad, do you consider yourself a christian? I ask this in all sincerity.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Yes, and that's all I GIVE, MB.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I'm gonna go out on a limb on behalf of MadJW for just a brief moment. If I would have posted this at the beginning of the thread it would have been on topic. At this point it will get lost in the thread pages which may or may not be a bad thing, I don't know. Anyways, here goes.

I just got back from a meeting, and I have to say there are plenty of honorable men who truly do care for the people in their congregations. What was discussed tonight, I'm not able to go into details for the obvious reasons. However I just wanted to say that many of the criticisms I see directed at Elders on this board I know are legitimate. I've heard some pretty bad horror stories first hand before even being aware of this board. I've known some rotton fellas who could quote from The Flock book. At the same time after what I witnessed tonight, and other experiences I've had, I'm convinced there are many, many men who truly are loving and caring men. Some do this because they were raised and trained to do good on behalf of others. Others may have more ambitious motivations that happen to benefit those that they help toward whatever their ambitious goals might be. Whatever the reasons the men I sat with tonight may be, I'm honored to be amongst them this evening. As a young man who makes it a point to learn off of those older than myself, JW or not JW, I benefited from their experiences and wisdom tonight. I have to say many widows in this organization, many disabled, many poor ones, many elderly ones have benefited from the kindness and generosity of imperfect appointed men. Yeah they screw up royally, but when they do whats right and good on behalf of others, I fear we forget that too easily.

Alright I'm done with my Disney moment. Time to get back to the 49ers/Saints game. You think anybody will get bawled up as bad as Vince Young getting Triple Siberian Suplexed yesterday? Jack Tatum R.I.P.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Thanks for the honesty, Misery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit