Brace yourselves: The GOOD things about the WTBS! heh

by theMadJW 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Maybe Wayne?

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    12- Prejudices are destroyed; no racial, financial, educational or any other divisions.

hahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

Since JW's teach that the anointed (144,000) are bought (purchased) from the Earth per Rev. chapter 7 and also chapter 14, why are there no Oriental or Latino brothers on the Governing body? Only just recently (last few years) they finally added a black brother (Samuel Herd) to the GB. I guess the heat was getting too hot in the kitchen so they had to do something to prove it wasn't an all white club at the top.

But guess what? Before Samuel Herd, in the preceeding one hundred plus years, even though there were anointed in various lands around the globe according to their yearbooks(statistics), it was an all white boy club.

And by the way, I'm white, yet from a very young age I saw this as I would look through the society's publications and read the life stories of the GB.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

MadJW, so being a JW eliminates racism? How is it then that JWs started as a racist organization? I know you've read these quotes before. But here are a few again for your enjoyment.

"Can The Ethiopian Change His skin color? No. But.. what the Ethiopian cannot do for himself God could readily do for him. The difference between the races of men .. have long been arguments against the solidarity of the human family. The doctrine of restitution has also raised the question. How could all men be brought to perfection and which color of skin was the original? The answer is now provided. God can change the Ethiopian's skin in his own due time.. Julius Jackson, of New Frankfort, Montana, a negro boy of nine years, began to grow white in September, 1901, and is now fully nine-tenths white. He assures us that this is no whitish skin disease; but that the new white skin is as healthy as that of any white boy, and that the changed boy has never been sick and never has taken medicines.." {Zions Watchtower Feb 15 1904 pg 52-3}

"The Journal of the A.M.A. is the vilest sheet that passes the United States mail.. Nothing new and useful in therapeutics escapes its unqualified condemnation. Its attacks are generally ad hominem. Its editorial columns are largely devoted to character assassination.. Its editor [a Jew] is of the type of Jew that crucified Jesus Christ." {GA Sep 26 1934 pg 807}

"Though, once as black as charcoal, the Rev. Mr. Draper is now white. His people say that his color was changed in answer to prayer. . Many years ago Draper was employed by a fair-skinned man, and he was often heard to remark that if he could only be white like his employer, he would be happy. While in the white man's service Draper 'experienced' religion." {WR Oct 1 1900 2706}

"'It too often happens that, while the negro rapidly masters the rules and regulations of the Christian religion, he still continues to be gross, immoral, and deceitful. They (missionaries) may have succeeded in turning their disciples into professing Catholics, Anglicans, or Baptists; but the impartial observer is surprised to find that adultery, drunkenness, and lying are more apparent among the converts than among their heathen brethren.' And again: 'I regret to say that, with a few - very rare - exceptions, those native African pastors, teachers, and catechists whom I have met have been all, more or less, bad men. They attempted to veil an unbridled immorality with an unblushing hypocrisy and a profane display of mouth-religion which, to an honest mind, seemed even more disgusting than the immorality itself. While it was apparent that not one particle of true religion had made its way into their gross minds, it was also evident that the spirit of sturdy manliness which was present in their savage forefathers found no place in their false, cowardly natures.." {Zions Watchtower Aug 15 1901 266}

While it is true that the white race exhibits some qualities of superiority over any other, we are to remember that there are wide differences in the same Caucasian (Semitic and Aryan) family.. The secret of the greater intelligence and aptitude of the Caucasian undoubtedly in great measure is to be attributed to the commingling of blood amongst its various branches; and this was evidently forced in large measure by circumstances under divine control. It remains to be proven that the similar commingling of the various tribes of Chinese for several centuries would not equally brighten their intellects; and the same with the peoples of India and Africa." {Zions Watchtower Jul 15 1902 216}

The negro and Latin races will probably always be inclined to superstition." {Zions Watchtower Apr 1 1908 99}

What do you have to say about that, MadJW? They seemed to leave these quotations out of the newest DVD. I wonder why?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    I'd become ONE of them, to avoid being "benefitted more fully by the spirtual food from 'the faithful & discreet slave classs'! heh

This is the number one reason I will never be a JW Mad.

• caliber
    caliber
    4- The most HONEST and ACCURATE of all translations (none of the churchoids here have been ABLE to to any example of mistake)

The Greek word "ginoskosin" meaning "to know, intimately" is mistranslated as "taking in knowledge of" to support the Watchtower doctrine that accurate knowledge is necessary for eternal life. Changing this translation from "know You" (as all other Bible translations have it) to "taking in knowledge of You" shifts the focus from a personal relationship with God to a mere intellectual study of God to gain eternal life.

John 17:3

The English word "son" in "blood of his own [son]" is added in brackets without any support in the Greek text. This demonstrates the length that the Watchtower goes to deny that Jesus is the God who shed His own blood for us.

Acts 20:28

In the 1984 edition of the New World Translation, the English word "other" is added in brackets to indicate that the word does not occur in the Greek text. The translators of the New World Translation added the word "other" in "gave him the name that is above every [other] name" to support the Watchtower teaching that the name "Jehovah" is superior to the name "Jesus." Only in recent editions of the New World Translation do we see the word inserted with brackets surrounding it. All editions from 1950 to 1981 had "other" added without brackets making it seem as if this word is in the original Greek text. On page 27 of the February 1, 1992 Watchtower magazine, we again see Philippians 2:9 being quoted without the brackets being used around the word "other." This again demonstrates the deep rooted bias of the Watchtower Society against Jesus possessing a name equal and superior to name "Jehovah."

Philippians 2:9

The English words "exercise," "exercising," "exercised," "exercises" are added with no basis in the Greek text. This term is added to support the Watchtower doctrine of works being added to faith to complete the salvation process.

Mark 5:36

John 1:12; 3:16, 18, 36; 6:29, 35; 7:5; 11:25, 36; 12:36; 14:1 (twice); 14:12; 16:9

Romans 4:3; 10:4, 9, 10

2 Corinthians 4:13 (twice)

Galatians 3:22

2 Thessalonians 1:10

Hebrews 4:3

1 Peter 1:8; 2:

If you are able to explain these away .. I have at least 30 more you can work on later !

P.S. These I don't feel can be classified as "mistakes" but are they" accurate translations " from the Bible.. if you doubt what the Greek actually says then turn to your "trusted " Kingdom interlinear translation... but before you do please sit down !!

Does the New World Translation exercise "honesty " in these verses ???

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I am aware of the risk from the Society, which is precisely my point. He is a hypocrite of the worst kind.
    Refuses to accept beyond what he's 'comfortable' while visiting a site his beloved organization condemns.....Kiwi13

While all of that is true..

This site needs to remain safe for those who post on it..

If even the worst JW Hypocrites are safe on JWN..

The better posters can take comfort they are safe on JWN also ..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

"Since JW's teach that the anointed (144,000) are bought (purchased) from the Earth per Rev. chapter 7 and also chapter 14, why are there no Oriental or Latino brothers on the Governing body? Only just recently (last few years) they finally added a black brother (Samuel Herd) to the GB. I guess the heat was getting too hot in the kitchen so they had to do something to prove it wasn't an all white club at the top.

But guess what? Before Samuel Herd, in the preceeding one hundred plus years, even though there were anointed in various lands around the globe according to their yearbooks(statistics), it was an all white boy club.

And by the way, I'm white, yet from a very young age I saw this as I would look through the society's publications and read the life stories of the GB."

Mad: That's YOUR problem; I could care less- they have to answer to Christ...not me or YOU.

"How is it then that JWs started as a racist organization? "

Mad: We started with a lot of CHURC attitudes; you KNOW that is no longer the case. MB- I SERIOUSLY can't blame you; it's almost to the point where I need to bring Tums & a Barf Bag to the Hall! heh

Caliber:"The Greek word "ginoskosin" meaning "to know, intimately" is mistranslated as "taking in knowledge of" to support the Watchtower doctrine that accurate knowledge is necessary for eternal life. Changing this translation from "know You" (as all other Bible translations have it) to "taking in knowledge of You" shifts the focus from a personal relationship with God to a mere intellectual study of God to gain eternal life."

Mad: You are the VERY first person to come to see the NEAR mistake of the NWT! I thought so, too, until THINKING more about it: the ONLY way one can come to KNOW someone intamately IS to learn more about them - take in more knowledge about them...from experience. Since God doesn't appear personally and speak to us directly, it's thru His spirit & word.

"Other" BELONGS there- as confirmed by 1 Cor 15:24-28

"Exercises" conveys the greek word denoting an ACTIVE faith- unlike the Pretend Faith in CHURCHianity.

Bring 'em on!

• caliber
    caliber

the ONLY way one can come to KNOW someone intamately IS to learn more about them - take in more knowledge about them

That may be true but who gives me , you or the WT the right to clarify the bible .. check your KIT Bible (Greek for actually word for word translation )

Deuteronomy 4:2

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:5-6

Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Galatians 1:6-12

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Caliber, the PURPOSE of translating is to capture the essence of what is said; it iS true- and you KNOW it.

Translators ALWAYS add to the text-or it wouldn't be READABLE in English; ever consider that with John 8:58, where they deceptively add caps, or Exodus 7:1, where they add "a" for examples?

What WAS the Gospel (Good News) of the Kingdom Christ taught, and DEMONSTRATED- the SAME gospel he said his followers would preach in the Last Days?

"Accept me as your Personal Lord and Savior to be SAVED!"?

Bah

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

MadJW: You proved my point. You just shrug EVERYTHING they've said in the past away by saying that they no longer feel that same way. "Sure the WTS started in that way...but they are not that way anymore!"

So origins don't matter?

Then why do witnesses consider the origins of EVERYTHING else? Sure Christmas had some pagan origins, but no longer. People don't think about paganism when they are celebrating Christmas, do they? Do they consider the pagan origins of the Christmas tree or lights? Or do they view it as a festive time to get together with their families and celebrate the blessing of Jesus coming into the world?

My point is, if you don't think YOUR origins matter, then you can't blame OTHERS for their origins. Catholicism had some pretty bad events in their history. So why do YOU bring it up NOW?

I want a direct answer to this madJW. Not just a 1 senence cop out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit