Alot has Changed and I'm going BACK

by Butterflyleia85 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

OMG I'm suprised people caught that last comment about being pregnant on this post i made about going back because I logged on and got off and didn't even know it posted. I just was in shock and decided to post it. Anywho, I'm not working now so i can read all through these posts!

Wow thank you so much for the kind congradulations.

And for the other comments, it kinda made me laugh... but wow people got their comments that's for sure.

If it makes some feel better after the baby I reconsided going back because if I was back in and then we tried to have a baby it would have been alot easier to fade out but now I have a baby and it seem complicating and after reading the comments it just conferms that even more!

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Take it from someone who was out for many years and decided to go back: Be careful. The cultish mentality has become a minefield of "teachings of men" that are militantly enforced. You can't talk openly with anyone. Even if you are very careful in choosing your words, anything you say will be 'paraphrased' into something they can call "apostasy". Even interesting tidbits from personal Bible reading can't be shared, because there is probably an article somewhere that contradicts the clear meaning. The Pharisaical mindset must make you "cautious as doves" in your dealings with Witnesses. You'll have to be like Joseph of Arimathea, "who was a disciple of Jesus but a secret one out of [his] fear of the Jews". Don't talk to them, don't associate with them socially, don't stand out even in a positive way.

Just log 9.1 hours a month (or whatever the average is now), make a comment or two at each meeting, don't do any research into their teachings. If you learn too much, it will bother your conscience to fear men. Among JWs, ignorance is bliss. They want blind followers, because anyone who can see won't follow them. Don't read the Bible too much, but if you do then always read the WT article(s) that tells you what to think the Bible says so you don't get "confused". Give token worship to the faithful and discreet slave and the elders, consider them "masters over your faith" and allow them to 'lord it over you'. Call them "leaders" and let it be known you feel the literature is inspired of God and they are His "mouthpiece".

Do all these things and you will be a good Witness. It may sound like I'm being facetious, but I'm really not. I have learned the hard way not to rely on JWs' adherence to Bible standards and counsel. I've been caught completely unaware, dragged into the back room, and attacked for completely unscriptural, nonsensical, and totally nutty teachings I supposedly violated. Among the vast library of JW literature are some really wacky stuff we're required to believe and practice. Sometimes, the written doctrine and the social doctrine are totally different things, too. Just because you can find articles claiming JWs don't believe the literature is inspired or the "slave" are prophets, this is just a ruse so as not to scare off new converts. You'll have to walk a fine line between respect and idolatry, so as not to anger the elder overlords or violate a Christian conscience. Just keep your beliefs and feelings among you, God, and Christ; don't allow JWs inside your head or your heart and you may avoid many problems.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

So I'm a bit confused...

You're currently DF'd right? Got married to a so-called "worldly" guy correct? Your husband is uncomfortable with you going back, but you're going back only because you want to be reinstated to be able to talk to family. But turn right around and fade out...

So what you're saying is, you want your cake and eat it too. Get the best of both worlds. Sane "worldly" husband, yet get to associate with the cult nut jobs still in.

Good luck! I wish you the best and I hope you're ready for the mental gymnastics!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

that was my plan but I found out I was pregnant... I reconsider it. here is my recent comment on the topic. thanks for the post though...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/202107/1/Im-back-How-is-everyone-today

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit