Alot has Changed and I'm going BACK

by Butterflyleia85 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I bet people has forgotten me but that’s ok because I know they have helped me a lot on here.

Anyways I think the last time I been on here I mentioned my JW sister not going to my wedding. For those that do remember my story, the wedding was beautiful on the beach in Key West, FL! I loved it, regardless of none of my family except my mom came. It was my dream come true.

My family still don’t talk to me except my mom and a few family members that never became JW but were raised and understand some what. So I’m happy with the family I have… well I guess I should be. One day I thought though about the family that isn’t a part of my life anymore.

It won… In my head I’m thinking… freedom or my whole family. Well that’s what did it… I been going back to the meetings for about a month in my New Hall and actually it’s not that bad. For being Dfed they are actually pretty friendly. I know in my heart God has already forgiven me so I don’t really feel the need to go back but once I did I realized the part I have been missing the reading the bible, everyone’s comments and answers and last but not least the Singing! Ha I love singing, I’m not to into the new songs though but I love singing our old ones it was so emotional kinda.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

It is a rough road you have been on and the unscriptural extreme shunning has done what it is hoped to do in your case.

I wish you peace and happiness.

God bless.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

butterfly, sent you an email.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That's satire, right? It's gotta be. You had me until the "singing" part. Good one.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks at least this time I know both sides of the story and it will help me make better judgement in what to beleive and what to take for a grain of salt. I roll my eyes at some things said but do feel better knowing I'm getting my bible read. Right now we are in 2 Kings.

My husband thinks I'm crazy for going back but he understands why. He said "I just don't want to loss you to a cult", I told him I done anough research that I know now what is important and it won't be able to take my heart from doing what is right.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Ha I love singing, I’m not to into the new songs though but I love singing our old ones it was so emotional kinda.

If you are a born in it is a very big part of you. The things we learn as children tend to stick with us, that is why it is especially hard for born ins to exit. Too many emotions tied to it. It is no different than anything else, church for example. I love the contemporary gospel songs, they are a part of me, it is all kind of emotional to me. However, I am not an avid church goer because my family never was, it just wasn't a big part of my upbringing but I was exposed to it here and there.

If I had been raised a witness, I would've associated all the good things with that religion. Just as my wife does. She, like you, is too emotionally tied to it to ever give it up. Even if she discovers the truth about the TRUTH. "Who cares if it is a farce, it makes me happy."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bible reading is not unique to the Witnesses. However, question and answer sessions from the WT is...and that is where much of the cultic indoctrination occurs. I have been to many churches that use the bible during their sermon- focusing on a specific account.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"Let he (or she) who thinks she is standing beware he does not fall."

If this is for real, I am saddened. There is no halfway. You will either be re-indoctrinated or you will get to where you can't stand the lies and be DFd again, revisiting the hurt on yourself and your family.

I don't see ANY way this is a win.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Mad Sweeney it the challenge I'm willing to take. Hopefully with proof and loving heart I can reach my family more this way.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

isaacaustin sent you an email back

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit