Pastor to burn Koran

by beksbks 265 Replies latest social current

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I'll bet if you walked in with anything by Darwin Dennet Hitchens or Dawkins for your personal use would get you confiscated pretty damned quick.

Or Salman Rushdie.

I am again amused at how much the American left dearly loves to point out intolerance against Muslims, but hates to point out Muslim intolerance toward others.

EDIT - to say that JWoods thinks this Florida church group is as crazy as the hillbilly snake handlers, just for the record.

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

Burning Watchtower littercrap.

This is a crisis of intolerance people!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/181550/1/Burning-literature-pics-and-police-called-on-Snakes-P

Bizzybee on burning Muslim littercrap:

The Muslim-haters have sunk to the level of the terrorists.

Bizzybee on burning Watchtower littercrap:

Oh, Snakes! This is so funny! Great story.

Nookin futs!

• undercover
    undercover
    MSN is now saying that the church is "praying" about whether or not to burn the Korans after all.
    Wonder if the Taliban prayed much about blowing up those 1,000 year old statues of the Budda?

I wonder how old the images/alters of Baal were when the Israelites destroyed them?

It doesn't matter. When God tells you, whether personally or through a spokesman, to follow his orders, then by that god, you better follow through.

That's how they think anyway. That's most any religious person's thinking. Any religious person willing to put logic and common sense aside in order to please their god, that is.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I am again amused at how much the American left dearly loves to point out intolerance against Muslims, but hates to point out Muslim intolerance toward others.

Something's missing here.

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/Religion/post/2010/09/koran-quran-patraeus-burn-dove-mosque/1

Deploring a "anti-muslim frenzy" underway from Manhattan to Florida and across the country, a score of clergy and religious leaders from all faiths held a summit today and charged believers and leaders of all faiths with ...

... a moral responsibility to stand together and to denounce categorically derision, misinformation or outright bigotry directed against any religious group in this country. Silence is not an option.

GREAT! Since I have NO FAITH I CAN LAFF MY HEAD OFF AT ALL OF THEM.

Oh wait Muslims. You can't laff at them. They blow stuff up.

THESE PEOPLE HAVE INTIMIDATED US INTO STFU.

Look at what happened with South Park. You can make fun of everyone, except you know who.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    MSN is now saying that the church is "praying" about whether or not to burn the Korans after all.
    Wonder if the Taliban prayed much about blowing up those 1,000 year old statues of the Budda?

You seem completely unable to grasp one simple fact Woods. We are supposed to be better than this. The Taliban/Muslim Extremists are.............gasp! Extreme!!!! Well, duh. Are we supposed to be gauging our standards by them? I want to know what it is about America that the righties supposedly love so much when they are always trying to bring us down to the lowest levels.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I was thinking those exact words: We should be better than them. That being said, I do believe there are times when one must STAND strong against injustice. Burning their holy book is not the way to do it.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    That being said, I do believe there are times when one must STAND strong against injustice.

Absolutely.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

It will put the lives of our people in danger.
    Apparently, this pastor does not care.

You mean in even more danger, don't you?

Our people have been in danger for a very long time. Even when we are the peace makers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying burning copies of the Koran is the right thing to do. But, blaming this Pastor for Islam's actions of killing our people is giving him way to much power or credit.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

You seem completely unable to grasp one simple fact Woods. We are supposed to be better than this. The Taliban/Muslim Extremists are.............gasp! Extreme!!!! Well, duh. Are we supposed to be gauging our standards by them? I want to know what it is about America that the righties supposedly love so much when they are always trying to bring us down to the lowest levels.

I think this is the most amusing part of the argument presented by the JWoodses of the world. Their argument is as follows:

1) The US is better because we have freedom of religion, the separation of church and state, freedom of speech/press, democracy, etc.

2) Muslim countries are worse than us, because they do not have those things.

3) Therefore, the US should LOWER its standards and act like the Muslim world until the Muslim world learns how great we are (were) and starts acting how we USED to act.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit