Beware of the Strawman argument!

by Farkel 97 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

(PS - is anyone else getting a kick out of debator labeling everything under the sun a "strawman"?).....Peacedog

Debator/Reniaa ignores anything not WBT$ Approved..

Cherry picks WBT$ rules she will follow..

And..

Will twist the truth or outright lie if it suits her..

Very,very few..

Take her claim as being a Jehovah`s Witness seriously..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• its_me!
    its_me!

Peacedog---- I'm getting quite the kick out of it! Nothing like a current JW to argue like a politician! Let the mud slinging begin!

• debator
    debator

While this topic is about strawmen arguments. I found it ironic that people on here do not accept that they themselves use them, often misdirecting a topic with them? anyone honest enough to admit their usage on these forums against witnesses?

Hi Its me

You opinion and conscience Tell you that you now consider yourself and apostate on an apostate site...think about the consequences of that position for a minute.

Thank you for clarifying your point, Demon possession itself suggests a lack of freewill but since Satan is the "ruler of the air" showing this whole world lies under his influence and so many things could be used as things influenced by him, including most forms of entertainment. You assumed he meant demon possesion when more in line with Jw teaching, is that we consider Satan's influence more likely when people still have the choice in themselves like with entertainment, internet, recreation etc where they need to show due care and attention rather than total avoidance which is impossible while we live in satan's world.

Hi Peacedog

I have no interest in peeking at proganda and actively avoid web pages like Jwfacts.com or 4Jehovah.com that is a trinitarian site designed to draw in ex-JWs that are fine examples of propaganda in their bias. But putting up a defense of witnesses for the People on a public forum that I know a lot are not apostates and need to see how heavily biased some opinions are on here, is for me worthwhile. but it is a personal conscience thing. There is no getting past that witnesses as a whole are a self-regulating religion for each individual against God's teachings. Warnings are given to make sure we understand Biblical principles but we have to put them into practice ourselves personally. Public rebuke cannot cover everything.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Debator - if you are on this site your conscience should be bothered. Read the following and tell me how you feel!

Jehovah is a piece of watery shit and Satan rules ok.

When I was a witness reading something like that would have truly disturbed me - IT SHOULD YOU.

• debator
    debator

Hi cantleave

Doesn't it disturb you now? It says more about you than it does me? to be honest it only saddened me that you have got to such a place that verbal abuse of what you once loved is your modus operandi now. You do not make becoming like you very tempting

• cantleave
    cantleave

It tells me I am no longer controlled by a man made organisation and that Jehovah is a construct.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah Pickle..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3bF6oaGZf_o/TErIftaw7FI/AAAAAAAABcw/RHvN21DnU7U/s1600/pickle+man.jpg

Reniaa/Debator will be destroyed at Picklegeddon!!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• peacedog
    peacedog

debator:

But putting up a defense of witnesses for the People on a public forum that I know a lot are not apostates and need to see how heavily biased some opinions are on here, is for me worthwhile.

Doesn't alter the fact that in being here you do indeed "peek" at "apostate propaganda". This is something that according to the WT$, no "loyal servant of Jehovah" would want to do. So by your cults own definition, you are not a "loyal servant of Jehovah".

"As loyal servants of Jehovah, why would we even want to peek at the propaganda put out by these rejecters of Jehovah's table who now verbally beat those who are helping us take in 'healthful words'?" (WT 7/1/1994, p.12)

I also noted that you avoided answering my request to plainly state you are not the person who previously posted here with the forum name "reniaa"...... Hmm....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Debator is Reniaa alright..

Slippery than a 3 day old Dead Fish..

http://www.dahuangpictures.com/blogs/media/users/admin/dead.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thought I could smell something fishy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest