Beware of the Strawman argument!

by Farkel 97 Replies latest jw friends

• debator
    debator

I think it is telling that you acquaint this site with a place of worship.

To be honest call me what you like, Madjw, renniaa, alice, debator, some guy. It's only on this site that people seem to think there is only one multiple-personality person talking in favour of witnesses. Maybe it's a way of hardening yourselves and dehumanising posters who support witnesses. whatever!

If this site is a haven/church/kingdom hall for people of your opinion and you cannot tolerate any view that differs to yours (seeing them as disruptive) you may want to talk to Simon and get him to make it less public and more in line with your ideal? Ex-Jw sites can be made closed shop for people of that opinion only? It is done all the time. I know of about 4.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa/Debator..

Get a grip on reality..

You`ve been here long enough under different names,to know you piss people off..

And..

Nobody is going to toss you off the board unless you break the rules..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Quillsky
    Quillsky
    If this site is a haven/church/kingdom hall for people of your opinion and you cannot tolerate any view that differs to yours (seeing them as disruptive) you may want to talk to Simon and get him to make it less public and more in line with your ideal?

This simply doesn't make any sense in my universe.

This site isn't a church and most posters tolerate differing views. So it fits the ideal of posters at the moment.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Debator----Are you saying that you have been to these sites that are opposed completely to the WBTS? If so, you surely MUST know that you are associating with apostates.

And you completely ignored my comment about going to your local elders and telling them about your crusade. Have you discussed this with your congregation elders? Seems like a pretty straightforward question to me, I can't imagine that you would have a problem with answering it.

• Violia
    Violia

Debator,

I'm sure you must know by now that this started as a pro jws site. Simon provided it and it has grown into what it is. Since Simon owns this site, why not address your concerns to him. I'm sure he'd be delighted to hear your views.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Debator---- Apparently you do have a problem with telling us whether or not you have discussed your involvement on this site with your congregation elders. If you have doubts, you owe it to yourself, and God to investigate those doubts.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Debator (formerly posting as Reniia) said: To be honest call me what you like, Madjw, renniaa, alice, debator, some guy. It's only on this site that people seem to think there is only one multiple-personality person talking in favour of witnesses. Maybe it's a way of hardening yourselves and dehumanising posters who support witnesses. whatever!

My reply: You are not MadJW, Alice or some other guy...you are Reniaa. Some of the unque spelling errors (such as Debator) that only you have made verify that.

• Farkel
    Farkel

debator/reniaa,

You said:

:You may well be hung by your own pertard on this one

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Perfect strawman!. Thank you. Since when is "hung" the same thing as "hoisted?"

A: "I used my crane to hang [not "hoist"] that crate."

B: "Poor crate. It must have suffered while it was suffocating."

By the way, it's "petard", you nitwit.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit