Rich Man and Lazarus

by Ding 169 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Michelle,

<...there is an obvious question in my last few posts that you haven't asked.>>

Yes there is...and so I'll ask it now.

How many spirit-guides do you have? Be honest now.

Vander

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Vander...

"spirit-guides" is a loaded word but I have no problem telling you that the Holy Spirit guides me to accept or consider what someone else is saying that I can decide if what they are saying is in the "spirit" of Christ or wisdom from God.

for instance...when reading the bible and learning about the church arrangement from paul...I can accept that that arrangement is from God because it is true that the man was made first and the woman came from man and so even in the church arrangement it is proper for a woman to be in subjection to a man's authority. could he be called a spirit guide though?...he only "speaks" to me through the pages of the bible.

sometimes it is easy to get "carried along" in the arguement that goes on here and then a "spirit" like dear Chalam speaks gently and reminds me to be gentle...is he a spirit guide though?

there are times that I get upset and I talk to my mom and she will hold me and say "no one can take your faith from you, michelle"...is she a spirit guide?

I have a friend who considers herself "spiritual" and a christain yet she doesn't accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Saviour so while she has helped me to look at things from a different perspective than what I had been...is she a spirit guide?

the One Spirit "speaks " through many people as a helper, councillor, comforter etc. but the final "filter" is my spirit and how/if I will use that guidence...that way I'm taking responsibility for what I "eat" and "drink" in matters pretaining to my "spirit".

why do you ask?...how many spirit guides do you have?

love michelle

p.s. I sent you a pm last night...:)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Michelle,

I didn't ask if you had spiritual mentors. I asked if you had "spirit-guides".

For more info check out my youtube video that broaches the subject. :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04KuO18XGcw

BTW, Joseph Smith had guidance too. He claimed that men dressed like Quakers live on the moon. The astronauts did not explore the whole moon, so maybe he was right.

I'm serious now...Would you believe me if I told you that God has confirmed Smith's revelation to me personally...and that these men on the moon having recently discovered Google are now intercepting and examining my emails to you and are hoping to contact Moses on JWN real soon?

• sd-7
    sd-7

Interesting thread. My main question on this issue was, if Jesus Christ believed the same thing the Watchtower Society teaches about the condition of the dead--and how much more so if the Jews around him shared that belief, and logically, at least some would have--why would he use an illustration that includes a clearly unscriptural, pagan doctrine? It would be like him using a parable about the Trinity or something. It would not only be irrational to bring it up without anyone prompting him to do so, but it would also upset the Jews who presumably believe the same thing, or else Jesus would've sorely needed to explain those issues in detail to his disciples. Some of what he says about the resurrection is ambiguous, if we're honest.

Never had the chance to do a lot of research on this; I've got my own thoughts about the resurrection, but won't bring them into this. Whatever the case, I don't think the WTS understands it properly, nor do I think anyone alive could explain precisely how it works. Only folks who could have already taken their one-way trip.

-sd-7

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Vander...

Joseph Smith did not teach the Truth who is Jesus Christ so...I wouldn't believe anything he said or anything his followers say on the matters of faith and doctrine...therefore I would not believe you if you took your "belief" and used it to try and teach or guide me in anything regarding my faith and the doctrine that I am convinced of.

love michelle

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Michelle,

Forget about Joseph Smith then.

I believe the Trinity.

What would you say to me if I told you God told me he has persons populating areas of the moon who are now trying to google Moses on JWN. What would you say to me?

Vander

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Vander...

should I take the time to check out your...this...> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04KuO18XGcw is what I would ask you first of all...

yeah I'm watching it since it's here now...:)

love michelle

p.s. that was a wonderful video, Vander...but I don't know what I would say to you about your question because it sounds kinda "out there"...lol but if the men googleing moses on JWN are going to preach Jesus Christ as the Way the Truth and the Life...as per the bible teaching then we can be certain that it isn't just me preaching to moses but it is a concerted effort on the part of many to help moses see his need for forgiveness of his sins and salvation through the blood and work of Jesus Christ.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your comments.

Re: Moon men on Google

<<sounds kinda "out there"...lol>>

Exactly....just like Moses re-embodied and here on JWN struggling with his faith.

My advice: Stick to the gospel and keep the "out there" stuff to yourself.

Your extra-biblical revelations will only serve to discredit any witness you have.

Believe me.

Your brother in Christ,

Vander

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Vander...

my extra-biblical revelations?...the resurrection is not extra-biblical...the fact of it was taught was it not?

what you are suggesting I do is leave off a part of the ministry that I share with others in trying to reach out to moses. that would be going against the clear indication of the Spirit to me. If you think that I ruin my witness by stepping out in faith and telling the truth about what God has revealed to me then let me ask you...is there a definate boundry to the witness that you are willing to give?...if God told you to reveal something that might make others snicker at you and your crafted presentation would you show disobedience to God because you were worried that it might ruin your witness?

love michelle

p.s. I don't mean to sound harsh but I would like to remind you that I did say that "moses" is struggleing in unbelief...he is well aware of the doctrine of the Christ he just doesn't believe it and so the ministry that I was given to take to him is not less than the doctrine of the Christ but encompasses more than doctrine...a pouring out of myself in the hope that he might see my sincerity has been my purpose towards him.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<my extra-biblical revelations?...the resurrection is not extra-biblical.>>

Apples and oranges.

The resurrection of the just and unjust are both future events despite the 1927 revelations of the WTS or anyone else.

Jesus has instructed believers what to preach...and its does not involve personal "revelations" about men on the moon hacking into google to preach to Moses on JWN.

Again, thanks for your input Michelle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit