Rich Man and Lazarus

by Ding 169 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<Yes "moses" is "here" on JWN...still struggling in unbelief.>>

Well now that is a conversation killer if I ever heard one Michelle. When God speaks to individuals, it is always useful/helpful/relevant/practical. My take is that you should be testing the spirits here Gal.

Vander

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Vander...

thank you for that advice...

how about yourself?...there is an obvious question in my last few posts that you haven't asked.

love michelle

p.s. lol...Mary...even so, I'm glad that we've had this time to talk after so many years.

• Mary
    Mary
    yes I do...and I believe it was insight given to me by God. I have no explaination as to why it was given to me or even if this insight was given to me only. Yes "moses" is "here" on JWN...still struggling in unbelief.

I see.....well, thank you for your input.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I give up Michelle :)

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Vander...

well..."moses" went from not entering the promised land to standing on the mt. of transfiguration...with Jesus and elijah.

...perhaps the insight that God gave me is useful/helpful/relevant/practical...in connection to that "vision"...

love michelle

• debator
    debator

Hi Psacra

Horama while it can be translated "seen" It's main slant is always that of being a vision. In it's other uses in the bible it always pertains to a visions happening.

Acts 11:5

5 "I was in the city of Joppa praying ; and in a trance I saw a vision, an object coming down like a great sheet lowered by four corners from the sky ; and it came right down to me,

Acts 12:9

9 And he went out and continued to follow, and he did not know that what was being done by the angel was real, but thought he was seeing a vision.

Acts 16:9-10

9 A vision appeared to Paul in the night : a man of Macedonia was standing and appealing to him, and saying, "Come over to Macedonia and help us." 10 When he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.

It appears 12 times in the greek scriptures and translated "vision" 11 out 12 times. Reflecting this most bible translate this as "vision" in mathew. No one doubts Jesus is literally saying and meaning "vision" in this verse.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Vanderhoven7 What do you believe was the point of the transfiguration? What did this vision represent or picture?

Matthew 17:2-3 (New International Version)

2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Revelation 22:1-5 (New International Version)

1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

John 14:2 (New International Version)

2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

Luke 23:43 (New International Version)

43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

Matthew 22:32 (New International Version)

32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

Blessings,

Stephen

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thanks for God's input there Chalam. ;)

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Debator,

The author of a text or book or letter is who decides to use a wrod in what context they choose, Luke may have decided to use Horama as "vision" but that has nothing to do with how Mark who uses "eido" or Luke's use of Horao which gives the clear term "to see with the eyes".

The fact that Luke uses it one way in acts and another in his Gospel also lends weight to that fact that he was saying two different things.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We also can't forget what Peter said of the transfiguration:

16 For we did not follow cleverly devised ( A ) tales when we made known to you the ( B ) power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were ( C ) eyewitnesses of His majesty.

17 For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an ( D ) utterance as this was made to Him by the ( E ) Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"--

18 and we ourselves heard this utterance made from heaven when we were with Him on the ( F ) holy mountain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit