Sept.15th WT - WT Society uses Guilt & Fear to Avoid Friendship & Internet

by flipper 105 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Would a JW potluck be called a potfortunateturnofevents?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

others in the world who MERELY SOCIALIZE TOGETHER

I hate these constant comments that generalise all worldly people in a negative light. It is so inaccurate yet the constant repetition make JWs start to actually believe it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" The Christian congregation was founded, NOT TO FUNCTION AS A SOCIAL CLUB , but to honor Jehovah and to GET A JOB DONE - the work of preaching the good news, making disciples, and building up the congregation. "

um hum, this ain't nothin' but an employer, telling the workers to get on the ball

ain't no different than any other corporation, the WTS just hide under the veil of religion.

they showed their true colors when they refered to the preaching work as a JOB

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I hate these constant comments that generalise all worldly people in a negative light. It is so inaccurate yet the constant repetition make JWs start to actually believe it.

I laugh at those kind of WT vs World statements, they are so full of fail.

-Sab

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hi mr flipper

once agian, out comes the satan stick!

i for one will be teaching my kids how to use the internet soon... a few minutes of google and wikipedia should plant some seeds...

i have thought of google stuff like jw.org to show them how to find the official dot com, do a little wiki search of rutherford as they admit to not ever having heard of him, some 1975 news reports etc... that should get the old brain going without actualy taking them anywhere near an 'apostate' site. maybe even take them to the wt cd to reference warnings against the internet and re-ask an old question about why would a religion want to stop its members researching themselves.

and seeing as they are now about to get it at home i will teach them to NOT look up stuff at home that they do here.

mother will moniter everything.

• potleg
    potleg

Good for nothing slaves in the watchtower workhouse.

• agonus
    agonus

Let's have a potluck, potleg.

• flipper
    flipper

CHRISJOEL- I'm sure some will see through it and still live a double life though, yeah.

SERENITY NOW ! _ Pretty funny eh ? " Permissive human reasonings . " I guess they mean ANYHING that would get a JW into a JC meeting or something like that ! LOL ! But it goes bEYOND that. They don't want witnesses thinking about ANYTHING beyond WT society concept. I think THAT is what they mean by " permissive human reasoning. "

AGONUS- WT society HAS gotten away with murder- literally. Very true that the WT society wants to control and sap the JW rank and file's mental faculties . WT society has performed " spiritual lobotomies " on these people. It's sick and twisted.

SABASTIOUS- Yeah, I know. I wasn't born yesterday, I know the WT society has been saying this same stuff for years - however- the WORDS and TERMINOLOGY they use is getting more aggressive as their failed " generation " theory keeps failing. They are becoming MORE controlling in their wording.

OTWO- I agree with you. The best thing that can happen is a husband does NOT reach out for elder or MS and he takes the lead in providing entertainment for his family and good friendships with other families. And yeah, exactly about the " permissive human reasonings. " Thing is - the WT society doesn't WANT witnesses using their own minds. They want and really need witnesses to ONLY use WT thought processes to regulate their lives so WT society can continue with the ultimate control over rank and file witnesses lives. WT society cannot afford letting JW's think for themselves- or their scam is doomed to failure. Pretty twisted.

RAPUNZEL- Nice hearing from you. Interesting what you say about your friend in Conneticut. I do agree that WT society is REALLY trying to control EVERY aspect of JW's lives. WHO they talk to, WHO they associate with. It's crazy. I hope it upsets more people like it does your friend. It is about WT society's ultimate control of these people's lives. Very sad.

Yes, I am on the West coast. My son and I HAVE experienced Bigfoot, Sasquatch, whatever IT is . Pictures of footprints, heard it call out, etc. And yes you are correct , both my wife and I are HUGE music fans ! Ry cooder, Buddy Guy, blues, rock, reggae. We have a hella CD and record collection. The Ry Cooder stuff you're talking about sounds great. I have a you-tube thread. You should bump it up and put the Ry cooder mandolin misic on there ! Would be cool.

JW FACTS- It is so repulsive what the WT society does, I agree. Looking down on " worldly peple " socializing. Making it seem redundant and trivial. I mean what's WRONG with that ? It would help if witnesses became more emotionally connected to their friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    SABASTIOUS- Yeah, I know. I wasn't born yesterday, I know the WT society has been saying this same stuff for years - however- the WORDS and TERMINOLOGY they use is getting more aggressive as their failed " generation " theory keeps failing. They are becoming MORE controlling in their wording.

I would say the WT is in yet another "peak" in their teachings. These peaks are always followed by an exodus of members. 1975 and 1995 were alos peaks.

-Sab

• agonus
    agonus

One can only hope, Sab... one can only hope... maybe the WT is "streamlining" because they see the handwriting in the wall vis a vis the patterns you mentioned?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit