Sept.15th WT - WT Society uses Guilt & Fear to Avoid Friendship & Internet

by flipper 105 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Once again my wife and I were sent the " witness only " WT version by our lurking JW friend that they study at WT study meetings. And once again WT society is showing VERY controlling tendencies towards it's JW members.

Do any of you remember the " old days " in the 1970's or early 1980's when witnesses used to have goody night after Book study ? Or you would have a " potluck picnic " with about 30 to 40 people getting to know one another to draw close as friends outside the confines of the Kingdom Hall ? Well - no more. To the WT society THOSE relationships are not important , a waste of time - it's what happens regarding WT Society KINGDOM activity that's important ! Notice this alarming quote in this study article in this WT on pg. 14 , paragraph 9 , " The spirit of companionship that unites those who work together in God's service is far stronger than the spirit that unites others in the world who MERELY SOCIALIZE TOGETHER . The Christian congregation was founded, NOT TO FUNCTION AS A SOCIAL CLUB , but to honor Jehovah and to GET A JOB DONE - the work of preaching the good news, making disciples, and building up the congregation. " So if you've wondered why your JW relatives are more committed to the WT society's causes and interests - you have your proof of why that is. By guilting members into feeling PREACHING is more important than social friendships many witnesses minimize ANY social contacts- family or otherwise. How do you spell cult ? Dangerous indeed!

Another study article in this same issue uses FEAR to scare witnesses from the Internet. On pg. 27 , paragraph 9 notice the use of fear to keep witnesses under control and to NOT TRUST their own mind and instincts. It states, " Christ observes not only the collective conduct of each congregation but also the lifestyle of it's individual members. Jesus commended Christians in Thyatira " who did not get to know the deep things of Satan ". Today, he likewise approves of those, young or old, who refrain from delving into the " deep things of Satan " by means of the INTERNET or violent video games or by indulging in PERMISSIVE HUMAN REASONINGS. " So by keeping JW members in fear of searching the internet - the WT society hopes to control or prevent them from finding out ANY negative or incriminating information concerning it's organization's procedures or skeleton's in the closet. And using the prop of " Satan " it inspires fear into witnesses minds to freeze them from checking ANYTHING on the Internet. Also it inspires guilt into witnesses by not trusting any PERMISSIVE human reasoning that may creep up within them. Wow.

I really feel that the WT society is promoting the Jehovah's Witnesses to be a dangerous mind control cult by instilling this information into it's members. I fear for the JW members. What do you think ? As always I eagerly look forward to your takes and observations ! Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

some will see thru it and keep living the double

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I like how they included "permissive human reasonings" as being one of the deep things of Satan. Have they ever defined "permissive human reasonings" BTW?

• agonus
    agonus

The amount of control the GB has given itself must have taken some pretty permissive human reasoning to accomplish. Their reasoning has permitted them to get away with murder.

OK, so how about if I read violent Bible passages on the Internet? Is that OK?

And it can't be a bad thing that the WT is stealing from "apostate propaganda" by suggesting the congregation may have become a social club. Hey, we said that first!

They can't decide whether to rip off their own old ideas or their mortal enemies' old ideas. Confused much?

• sabastious
    sabastious

This isn't new, your post kind of makes it sound new. I have been reading those lines for many years.

But that's what makes it dangerous. The message is clear and repetitive.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Have they ever defined "permissive human reasonings" BTW?

This is a buzz term and doesn't really have a clear definition.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Basically what it means is when someone is talking to you about why something you (the JW) are teaching is wrong they most likely are using "permissive human reasonings."

-Sab

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The Christian congregation was founded, NOT TO FUNCTION AS A SOCIAL CLUB

They have been cracking down for years on social fun that is even exclusively JW's. It's no wonder that when there finally is a wedding and reception, the JW's really really party (without officially getting drunk or anything like that). The girls and boys just want to have fun. I mean, they took away all festivities, they even took away their birthdays. Let them play softball or have a potluck (never call it that) picnic.

The best thing that can happen in a cong. is to have a family where the husband is not climbing the status ladder and the family organizes some "get-togethers."

PERMISSIVE HUMAN REASONINGS

It's disgusting how they twist proper thinking for one's self. If they could do it, they would just say "Don't ever check on the truths coming out of Brooklyn. Just trust us." What am I saying? I am sure they have said that.

• agonus
    agonus

I can no longer sit back and allow...

Apostate infiltration...

Apostate indoctrination...

Apostate subversion...

And the international apostate conspiracy...

To sap and impurify...

All of the rank and file's precious mental faculties!

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Hey, Flipper!!! It's to see the little dolphin avatar again.

I can confirm about the WT cancelling "goodies night" here in Connecticut [If my memory serves me correctly, don't you live somewhere on the West coast? I seem to remember your posting a photo of a very large footprint, maybe taken by a family member?]

As regards their cancelling goodies night, a lot of witnesses are disheartened and resentful. There's one witness who still keeps in contact with me via Facebook. Let's just say that this latest effort at anally micro-managing every gucking foddamn aspect of the "organizaton" members' lives has caused a great deal of resentment and rancor.

In my view, it's yet one more example of paranoia and the need for total control. The "big boys at the top" simply do not want Winesses meeting by themselves outside of the Kingdom Hall seting. Who knows what that might lead to?

Well, it was good to see your avatar. As I remember, you also like music. I just picked up a load of Ry Cooder cd's. He's also on You tube. On You tube, they have several live performances feauring old Ry playing...of all things...a mandollin. Really fantastic stuff! Great jams that last 10 or 12 minues.

Peace out,

R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit