Atheist believe there is no God? Yes we do, strongly!

by bohm 139 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Can there ever really be a TRUE atheist?

To the atheists I ask this: Have you been or seen every part of the universe to see if God exists? So if you haven't, how can you be so certain that he doesn't exist? The best you can do is say, "I don't think he exists". Anything more than that cannot be proven.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, the Brights will recover someday from the tyranny of this Godful nation. Look how far they've come... from Brights-Only drinking fountains to Bright Pride Parades... but it makes me nervous...

BRIGHT POWER!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    To the atheists I ask this: Have you been or seen every part of the universe to see if God exists? So if you haven't, how can you be so certain that he doesn't exist? The best you can do is say, "I don't think he exists". Anything more than that cannot be proven.

Couldn't you ask the same thing (in inverted logic) of a theist?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Agonus is on a roll with his witty one-liners this here morning!

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Agonus:

Romans 1:18 - "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men. Who hold the truth of God in unrighteousness."

• agonus
    agonus

Well, Syl, it ain't like I got nuthin' better to do. ;)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You could say that, JWoods. That's where faith comes in to play. Christianity is not ALL about proof. It largely hinges on faith. I have faith that there is a God due to what I know and have seen. Can I unequivocally say that I can prove God? No I can't. Can an atheist unequivocally say that they can prove that there is no God? No they can't. But I have faith whereas they deny having any type of faith.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The only thing pure reason alone can deliver is agnosticism.

Hard atheism, like theism, requires an element of belief.

That is how it seems to me.

BTS

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

100% agree, burntheships

• agonus
    agonus

Can't we all just get along?

...I mean, while still flinging feces because it's just so much fun?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit