Jesus warned us about JWs!

by 3Mozzies 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Luke 21:8

American Standard Version (ASV)
    And he said, Take heed that ye be not led astray: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am he; and, The time is at hand: go ye not after them.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
    And He said, Be on your guard and be careful that you are not led astray; for many will come in My name [appropriating to themselves the name Messiah which belongs to Me], saying, I am He! and, The time is at hand! Do not go out after them.

English Standard Version (ESV)
    And he said, See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, I am he! and, The time is at hand! Do not go after them.

World English Bible (WEB)
    He said, “Watch out that you don’t get led astray, for many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he ,’ and, ‘The time is at hand.’ Therefore don’t follow them.

Pretty interesting given the fact that Russell published a book with the same title.

'The time at hand' book cover

3Mozzies

• cantleave
  • AwSnap
    AwSnap

Holy crap. Thats awesome

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good job.

But, don't you realize that as a "watching, waiting Saint," Russell felt those words didn't apply to himself?

That in itself rules Russell out as being "faithful and wise."

Syl

• sacolton
    sacolton

Russell proclaimed that he was the "Faithful and Discreet Slave".

• tec
    tec

And not just JW's, but every group crying out that the time is now and that THEY alone can save us.

Tammy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That would make a great billboard.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And they keep repeating "The time is at hand", no matter how many flub ups they have. Never mind 1975--just a few years ago, they were saying that our deliverance was "at hand". That was in 2006--now 4 years ago. They were going to place a waste of paper that was to have started the Great Tribulation, yet quite a few people never got that waste of paper (nor did it start the tribulation). And I will never forget that someone tried, in June 2007, to say it was "days, weeks" away--someone even put June 12, 2007 as the date (which, as I predicted, was simply another day).

One mistake, I can understand. But, this continual pattern of flubbing up the date since 1874 is simply not acceptable--and trying to get others to stake their lives on the accuracy of the date, despite the number of flub-ups is simply a nice way to get whatever Hell has to offer.

• VM44
    VM44

Russell certainly was familiar with Luke 21:8 and its warning about those who said "The time is at hand."

Was it a joke he was making in naming one of his book "The Time is at Hand"?

Or, as was mentioned above, didn't Russell think it applied to him?

What about no one knowing the "Day or the Hour"? (Russell would probably have said one could know the "Season", but his claims were made over 100 years ago! That is a very long season.)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

3Mozzies

Did you get that from the back of the Cetnar's book, Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit