Jesus warned us about JWs!

by 3Mozzies 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Paul gave a warning too.

2 Timothy 3:7 " always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

This surely describes the WTS.

• peacedog
    peacedog

It is noteworthy to me that Matthew 24:23 leaves no wiggle room whatsoever:

Then if any to you should say: Lo, here the Anointed, or here; not you believe. (Emphatic Diaglott)

At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. (NIV)

This is a black-and-white, all-or-nothing statement; the sort of statement that is NOT open to interpretation.

Very simply, if ANYONE should say to you "here is the anointed" or "here is the Christ", do not believe it.

Every JW has made a choice to disregard this scripture. With this act, JWs show themselves to be followers of men (the governing body of the WT$) and NOT followers of Jesus, whose words at Matt 24:23 they have chosen to ignore...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The are followers of an organization and they are fine with it.

• sherah
    sherah

marking

• sabastious
    sabastious

Here is the ONLY reference that came up in the WT Library 2009 CD when I typed in Luke 21:8:

November 1st 1964 Watchtower

Wolves in Sheep’s Covering

Can you detect them? How can you avoid becoming their prey?

DECEPTION caused Eve to become prey to the great Devourer, Satan the Devil. Thereafter her husband and children fell into the clutches of a wolfish god who has robbed them of everything in life that is worthwhile—fear of God, self-respect, genuine love for neighbor and love of the truth. Today, therefore, hypocrisy and treachery are rife. Each worshiper of the true God is required to be wide-awake, alert to the numerous deceptions that continually beset his path.

To his first-century disciples Jesus sounded a warning that applies to us today with even greater force: “Look out that you are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he [Christ],’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.” (Luke 21:8) He also admonished: “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.” (Matt. 7:15) Watchfulness and caution are therefore essential to avoid becoming prey to greedy, wolfish men.

Just as wolves will cut off their intended victims from the main flock before attacking and devouring, so it might be expected that human wolves would act. So the apostle Paul under inspiration declared: “I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.” And Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, also spoke of this peril: “There will also be false teachers among you. These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them . . . Also, with covetousness they will exploit you with counterfeit words.” Jesus’ brother and disciple Jude, in turn, wrote that “certain men have slipped in who have long ago been appointed by the Scriptures to this judgment, ungodly men, turning the undeserved kindness of our God into an excuse for loose conduct and proving false to our only Owner and Lord, Jesus Christ.” The apostle John adds his testimony: “Young children, it is the last hour, and, just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now [about the year 98 C.E.] there have come to be many antichrists; from which fact we gain the knowledge that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of our sort.”—Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Pet. 2:1-3; Jude 4; 1 John 2:18, 19.

The combined testimony of these faithful witnesses pointed to danger from within the ranks of professed Christians. The peril would be not so much from the openly avowed opponents of Christ as from those who would rise up claiming to be Christ or claiming to exercise the rights and prerogatives of Christ as his empowered representatives. Disarmed by an outward show of godliness and by “smooth talk and complimentary speech,” many unwary Christians would be seduced into following ‘wolves in sheep’s covering’ and eventually becoming prey to such selfish deceivers.—Rom. 16:18.

Not a very quoted scripture in the Dub theology!

-Sab

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

wasblind wrote:

3Mozzies and Peacedog,

y'all are HOT,

...well...thank you I do work out you know

Later wasblind wrote:

i meant to say the two of you qouted, sorry

y'all just got me so excited

Oh ... you made my day for a while

Seriously folks, thanks for adding to this post, great comments and reasoning.

It's stands out so clearly to all of us because we are not in it, we are not being deceived (anymore).

Yet it is so sad that some genuine JWs will never see it because the FDS wont let them.

KM 9 2007Devil FDS

3Mozzies

• Hadit
    Hadit

Great information everyone!

OMG! That question box article made me so angry when I first saw it and it still does. I pointed it out to my husband and he said there is nothing wrong with what they are saying! AHHHH! The mind control is so frustrating.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yeah, that Sept '07 QFR box is classic!!!! if I weren't out by that point, it sure as hell would send up a gigantic red flag. I mean basically, they are telling you to shut off your brain and hand over all descision making to them. (F&DS). This is ludicrious, and goes completely against the biblical example noted in the Bible of Boreans questioning Paul, an Apostle of all things, and being praised for doing so.

Imagine, the Boreans questioned the Apostle Paul, who was actually WITH JESUS at the Last Supper and were praised for making sure of all things, but the F&DS, a body of MEN up in NY, demand absolute obediance and submission under the threat of disfellowshipment if you don't concede to their demands.

How can JW's not see how f*cked up and contradictory this is???? Mind-control at it's finest.

- Wing Commander

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

WC,

Paul was NOT with Jesus at the Last supper, he appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus.

But your point is well made, the bible does ENCOURGE asking questions and testing what you are taught.

• wasblind
    wasblind

PSacramento,

thank you for the reminder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit