Jesus warned us about JWs!

by 3Mozzies 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

AWESOME !!!!!!!!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So much of the WT and its man-made doctrines are revoked in Acts chapter 1, you'd think someone would have noticed by now.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Did you get that from the back of the Cetnar's book, Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses?

No, as I've never heard of that book.

I love going through different Bible translations and when I saw "The time is at hand" in the ESV Bible, it hit me that Russel wrote a book with the same title, then I searched other translations to see which other Bibles used the same phrase.

Apart from the Bibles I have, I also use this site to search different Bible translations: www.youversion.com

3Mozzies

• wasblind
    wasblind

Russell may have thought that scripture excluded him,

But some one else in Bethel seen it differently, because

in the Proclaimers of the kingdom book on page 88 they

show publications of books and that one is selectively

left out. they left out all the ones that would view them

as false prophets.

• gutted
    gutted

Very poignant.

Makes me totally think of Deut 18:22 - When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee at WasBlind.

Those writers at Bethel are no fools.

Syl

• peacedog
    peacedog
    Jesus warned us about JWs!

He did so at Matthew 24:4-5 as well:

Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

The Society makes this exact claim. According to WT$ doctrine, "the Christ" is actually a class made up of themselves (the "anointed") and Jesus:

The word Christ signifies anointed. Anointing means designation to official position in God’s arrangement. The Christ is the instrument or channel for the blessing of mankind. The Christ is composed of Jesus, the great and mighty head, and 144,000 members. --The Harp of God, 1921, p 187

Those faithful ones brought into the temple are incorporated into God’s organization and made a part of the ‘elect servant’, because such are in Christ and form a part of The Christ. --WT 9/1/1931 p.260

The last members of The Christ on earth are therefore designated by Jehovah as his witnesses to the people, and the obligation laid upon them is made plain. --WT 4/1/1936 p.108

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    He did so at Matthew 24:4-5 as well:
    Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

Spot on peacedog!

Well well ... which Bible translation did the WT Corp have the rights to for many years?

Answer: The Emphatic Diaglott - 1865 by Benjamin Wilson

Let's read Matthew 24:4-5 from the The Emphatic Diaglott

And answering the Jesus said to them: Take heed, not any one you may deceive.
    Many for shall come in the name of me, saying: I am the Anointed; and many they shall deceive.

Link to that Bible HERE.

3Mozzies

• peacedog
    peacedog
    And answering the Jesus said to them: Take heed, not any one you may deceive. Many for shall come in the name of me, saying: I am the Anointed; and many they shall deceive.

Truly amazing...

• peacedog
    peacedog

Mat 24:23 Then if any to you should say: Lo, here the Anointed, or here; not you believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit