Notes from my Judicial Committee (I was DF'ed at the end)

by notverylikely 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447
    The elders then said that they were specifically NOT going to discuss any doctrinal WT issues and would only be focusing on the adultery and tobacco use

So he was DF'd not for apostacy but adultery.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    The elders then said that they were specifically NOT going to discuss any doctrinal WT issues and would only be focusing on the adultery and tobacco use

So he was DF'd not for apostacy but adultery.

Yes, that was the second meeting. I was referring to the first one, the content of which people were addressing:

Surprisingly, during the first meeting, they all but ignored the tobacco use and adultery and chose instead to focus on the reasons I did not believe in the organization anymore.

I repeat, no one has patted him on the back for his adultery, for which he has assumed all responsibility.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Meh, it's interesting what people get out of reading posts, what they choose to see, what they don't bother with, what they don't ask about and make blanket statements.

Oh well.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Perhaps we should start a separate thread on attitudes towards adultery and people who've used it as the option of last resort to leave the Borg?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

StAnn, I agree. NVL was sharing his experience with us...his journey out of the org. I think Cattails comments were out of line..and should have been on another thread instead of derailing this one.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I think Cattails comments were out of line..and should have been on another thread instead of derailing this one.

Thanks Issac. Don't get me wrong, I think cat and others are entirely entitled to their opinion. The only thing that makes me sort of incredulous at times is when they come out so forcefully and either completely misinterpret what people wrote, completely contradict themselves in the space of a paragraph or make blanket judgements without all of the facts. I guess you could say an opinion from ignorance.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Agreed NVL. I personally thank you for sharing your experience and journey out of the org with us. You were obviously here to share your experience...to be of help to others who can relate as well as the cathartic effect upon yourself. Sad when opinions are formed out of ignorance.

May I ask, or answer in a pm if you choose...are your ex and kids entrenched in the org?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Ex is uber JW, kids like the social aspect and giving talks because of the attention, but don't care for serivice or meetings otherwise. They are 7 and 10

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are 7 and 10...

...and will eventually hate it, especially with you showing them the real world.

• cattails
    cattails

I just re-read my post and it does sound judgmental without having the whole story.

It brings up nightmares of growing up in a divided home feeling betrayed by someone you loved as a parent, then having a JW step-dad, and all the feelings that I just didn't know deal with as a kid. Also I might add I've been feeling really in the dumps about some things and Notvery's post just hit the right buttons to set me off.

If apologies are in order, please accept mine for not thinking things through before responding to your post. I immediately jumped to the conclusions brought up from my own experience, I shouldn't have done that and I apologize.

I still think that cheating on someone is just awful and leaves a big mess behind for family involved on both sides of the marriage and if kids are in the middle then even worse.

There's always got to be a better alternative, if I find it I guess I'd become a multi millionaire psychologist author, unfortunately I don't have the answer either.

Peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit