Notes from my Judicial Committee (I was DF'ed at the end)

by notverylikely 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Well put Mary, well put. Also worth mentioning, NVL said from the outset and resaid it several times that his actions were wrong and he wasn't making excuses for it.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I know another guy whose wife cut him off of sex 3 months after they were married because she "didn't like it". After going for 2 or 3 years with no sex, guess who ended up committing adultery and getting DF'd for it?

3 months? lucky bastard....Once or twice a year should be plenty, right?

• Mary
    Mary
    3 months? lucky bastard....Once or twice a year should be plenty, right?

God, you're so demanding!!!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I am a bit of a rotten bastard, Mary.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    We differed on some opinions, they did mention that the reason for my lack of belief was directly tied to my actions because the light of Jehovah Watchtower Society had left me and with it my understanding of Bible Watchtower truth.

Corrected that.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I think Cat Tails was brave for what she did but I also understand that there are mitigating circumstances.

NVL did the right thing and accepted the responsibility for the adultery.

I understand what Mary is saying but two wrongs don't make a right. I mean, does this make sense? Spouse nags me / don't give me none / etc, therefore I am justified by having an affair.

Of course, life is more complicated than that but still I think NVL was right to accept the responsibility rather than make it appear to be his wife's fault somehow.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I mean, does this make sense? Spouse nags me / don't give me none / etc, therefore I am justified by having an affair.

I never said it was justified. There were mitigating circumstances, but I still bear the responsibility.

• baltar447
    baltar447

What gets to me is someone comes on here and says, I cheated on my wife and got DF'd( oh, and the WTBS is wrong, mmmk? ), and everyone pats them on the fucking back. Of course they are meaning congratulations for leaving the org, but pretty much ignoring that you treated your wife like shit. No I don't know your situation but adultery is morally wrong and no one should get a pat on the back for it.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    I never said it was justified. There were mitigating circumstances, but I still bear the responsibility.

Indeed, and I made it clear that you accepted responsibility.

At this point, it is of no use to determine what should've happen or what should've went differently. What's done is done and it is now time for both you and your ex to pick up the pieces and move on. I wish you both the best and hope you both find happiness.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    No I don't know your situation but adultery is morally wrong and no one should get a pat on the back for it.

I don't recall anyone giving him a pat on the back for his adultery. As I do recall, he was relating his experience in a Judicial Committee in which his adultery wasn't even addressed. That's what people were responding to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit