Notes from my Judicial Committee (I was DF'ed at the end)

by notverylikely 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

...the constant refrain that no one knows why the Roman army left....

What? Am I missing something?

• dissed
    dissed

Thanks for sharing. I wish you only the best.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

How was the adultery? :-) Cuz i imagine you wanted the divorce no?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

How was the adultery? :-) Cuz i imagine you wanted the divorce no?

It was adulterous.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

"adulterous" or "Adulterous" Thank God Fornication was required for Divorce instead of "not observing the sabath"

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm with Cold Steel, what's this stuff about the Roman Army?

BTW, I am impressed that you used the bound volumes from the KH library. If you had brought them pages you had printed from the internet, they'd have blown it off.

What I don't get is all of this "no one understands any of this, just stay close to the Org." No one understands their dating system? Don't they realize how important 1914 is to their entire story? Seems really sad if the more senior elders have no idea what they're wrapping their whole lives around.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Notverylikely, thanks for sharing mate, at least it sounds like you are in a good place!

another said "I guarantee you not a single person in this congregation knows how those dates are put together.

I have heard that a few times, they then use the old quote that Jehovah is gathering the simple ones and uneducated as they are the most humble

Cheers, Mattieu

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

What? Am I missing something?(Regarding the Roman army)

The WT teaches that during the Great Jewish revolt that the Roman army under the command of Gestus Gallus sieged the city of Jerusalem in 66 C.E. and then suddenly left and no one knows why and, true to Jesus prophecy, that allowed the jkews to escape before the Roman army suddenly returned for no known reason in 70 C.E.. Truth is the Jewish rebels beat the first army and they retreated and four years later the Romans had a new army and were back to finish the job. I asked how the WT could misteach this for years when i found it in about 5 seconds looking at Wikipedia. I even showed them on my blackberry. I said it had to be either ignorance from poor research and they should be embarassed that I found it in less than 10 minutes of research, that it was disingenuous (they just didn't beleive the research) or dishonest.

They also said secular research was inspired from the devil and I asked about how they can then use that same secular research in support of their articles and how the occult pyramidology Russell used to get his dates could possibly be valid as well....\

What I don't get is all of this "no one understands any of this, just stay close to the Org." No one understands their dating system? Don't they realize how important 1914 is to their entire story? Seems really sad if the more senior elders have no idea what they're wrapping their whole lives around.

They do, but they were backed into a corner and had to say something. I truly think they don't get it and realize most don't, but they have faith that others do.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Your elders sound a bit like the ones that DF me. I had/have a lot of respect for them still in some ways. They were friends and treated me with much respect.

There was no 'apostacy' in my case. Only my admission of adultery, deliberate calculated and planned, so as to allow my estranged wife to move on.

I had no repentance and no desire to remain.

i too sleep well...

all the best

oz

• donuthole
    donuthole
    Some key points during that meeting were that the brothers were not in sync on what current WT beliefs were.

This isn't necessarily surprising. It's been my experience that "apostates" tend to keep up with "Jehovah's Chariot" more than those in the Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit