Did you really want to live forever?

by serenitynow! 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If I died today it wouldn't bother me. I was dead for billions of years before I was born. Each day is a privilege. It's been a real fun ride.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I used to think about this same thing, forever really? Even with this belief of paradise, and me not going to heaven, I always thought well I d rather be human than be an angel. Angels dont have sex, so there you have it.

Nikki

• sir82
    sir82

It's one of those things that sounds appealing until you really think about it.

The universe is finite. There is a limit to the knowledge one can acquire and the experiences one can have.

After you've exhausted everything, what then? 100 billion quadrillion zillion years of no new knowledge, no new experiences, just utter boredom. Then some more of the same.

On the other hand, death, and knowing that life is fleeting, is what gives life meaning. Do it now, enjoy it now, because it will end one day.

That said, I think a life span of a few hundred or thousand years sounds pretty appealing.

• blondie
    blondie

Definitely not with the jws at my old KH (or the ones before). I was asked that question when I was inactive and answered exactly that way. Would rather live a shorter productive life away from jws...I would like to live longer than 150 years though (in good health).

Jehovah's Witness in Heaven Joke

A man arrives at the gates of heaven. St. Peter asks, "Religion?"

The man says, "Methodist."

St. Peter looks down his list, and says, "Go to room 24, but be very quiet as you pass room 8."

Another man arrives at the gates of heaven. "Religion?"

"Baptist."

"Go to room 18, but be very quiet as you pass room 8."

A third man arrives at the gates. "Religion?"

"Jewish."

"Go to room 11, but be very quiet as you pass room 8."

The man says, "I can understand there being different rooms for different religions, but why must I be quiet when I pass room 8?"

St. Peter tells him, "Well the Jehovah's Witnesses are in room 8, and they think they're the only ones here.
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    you are just a human who doesn't know all the secrets in life enjoy yours and don't drive yourself crazy with questions you can't understand now go and learn about science, law, religious beliefs and at the end when you are about to die think about everything you hace done and see if you've live enough time.

Robson your post is kinda hard to read d/t the lack of punctuation. I don't think that asking about whether people really want to live forever is something that is unanswerable. I think that the question is quite reasonable given the fact that we were all promised that as a reward for all the sacrifices we made in this world for the sake of the WT. I resent the implication that somehow I've been laboring over this question I "can't understand" at the expense of learning about science, law, etc. I am in fact a multitasker and am always learning and wondering about various things.

As Jamesmahon said not wanting to die after a normal human life span and wanting to live forever are two very different things.

Yeah, if I could live longer with my 35 year old mind and body, that would be nice. Live longer- yes, live forever- no thanks.

Robson you obviously want to live forever, and that's cool. Would you share why you feel that way? I'm interested.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Even with this belief of paradise, and me not going to heaven, I always thought well I d rather be human than be an angel. Angels dont have sex, so there you have it.

Ok, now I feel like less of a freak because that was my thought process too!

And WTW, I agree that living a celibate life is not paradise at all.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm not frightened of dying, anytime will do. Why should I be frightened of dying? We've all got to go sometime.

(does anyone recognise those wise sayings?)

• serenitynow!
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Blondie that joke is hilarious!

If I died today it wouldn't bother me.

leavingwt, you know you made that statement on Friday the 13th, right? I'm not superstitious but I still knocked on wood for you!

If I died today it would suck royally! (knocking on wood) I havent even started doing any real sinning yet!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I had big plans for living forever. I was going to go to space and colonize planets and all kinds of fun stuff. Maybe visit earth every million years or so to say "hello" and give some talks. I was going to grow my own forests for lumber to build houses and furniture and stuff. Oh yeah, big plans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit