Did you really want to live forever?

by serenitynow! 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

One of the things that started to piss me off to no end was the JW belief that we'd be responsible for restoring the earth to its original paradise state after Jehovah went and destroyed everything that mankind had created / built over thousands of years.

I thought to myself (because to say it out loud = Apostacyâ„¢) Why the hell can't Jehovah clean up his own damn mess? He can destroy everything in the blink of an eye, so why can't he bloody well clean up after himself? Why should people have to turn the earth into a paradise, when he can do it himself, in the blink of an eye if he wanted to. If we do the clean up, where's the miracle in that??

If I was going to have to Live Foreverâ„¢, I certainly didn't want to have to be cleaning up after Jehovah's temper tantrums... forever.

Then it occurred to me that I didn't really want to live forever. But it was the only option offered to JWs other than death, and they took the scariness out of death by saying that it was like sleeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit