Did you really want to live forever?

by serenitynow! 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    and give some talks

LOL! That was one thing that concerned me- the meetings and the FS seemed like it was not going to ever be over.

• darthfader
    darthfader

In a word.... yes...

You would never get bored... our brain capacity will shurely be exausted in 1 million years.. after that... everything is new again :)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

When you think about it, the thousand year reign according to WT doctrine will have a significant portion of time set aside for bible studies. I've heard in Service Meeting parts, people make comments like, "just think!! We won't have to reason with people to get a bible study started with them!!" I would hear this, and even before developing apostate leanings I would think to myself thats not exactly something to look forward to. By the way, this meeting is going overtime. After the Big A, we have to clean up the mess thats been left behind after 2000 years of human progress. Then we have to start a massive worldwide gardening campaign. Between cleaning up the rubble and the gardening campaign, we'll have more time for meetings and bible studies with all the resurrected ones. Then upon reaching perfection, the Devil will be let loose, and we'll start all over again, but it won't be as long as several thousand years. Possibly only a few hundred years which supposedly will be nothing to us since we'll have been alive for a 1000 years. Then afterwards we'll garden and have congregation picnics forever with mandatory khakis and polo shirts.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    mandatory khakis and polo shirts.

That right there would make me commit suicide!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

That right there would make me commit suicide!

I rock polo shirts and khakis often enough for work, and even out and about. I'm too old to wear dickies, timbs and oversized white tee shirts. Beside you won't have to worry about that Serenity! You'll be forced to wear oversized floral dresses with shoulder pads, and stockings. We'll all be too busy gardening and attending bible studies and congregation picnics to ever be concerned about clothing choices.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Sir82:

"That said, I think a life span of a few hundred or thousand years sounds pretty appealing."

Finally, someone made sense. There is so much for the curious person to discover and learn in this Universe! Yes, it may be finite, but it's nonetheless overwhelming. So much so, that it would probably take tens if not hundreds of thousands of years to understand it to the best of our limited abilities.

VILLABOLO

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

I'm not going to tell you I want to die or not live for a long time, however, I do remember as a child, while I was laying in bed, thinking about eternity and I had a weird feeling of dread and fear. I can't explain it, I just did, and I just wanted to "change channels" and not think about it. Sometimes I start remembering a few scriptures and I start thinking that God wants to do with us what he wants to do. Who are we to him to keep us alive for eons and eons? JW's rely on the fact that we "will never stop learning new things, and that we will never get to know God, so life in Paradise will never be boring". Right now, I find that difficult to believe. Many couples are waiting to have children in Paradise, however, once the Earth "is filled" I guess God will miraculously make women and men sterile, otherwise we will have to find another "earth" to live in.

It is an issue that seems very fictional to me. I don't mean to disrespect God regarding his love for humans, but the proof is in the Bible, he decides what he wants to do, when he wants to do it and for how long. Keeping humans and this earth alive for millions and billions of years is somehow a little difficult for me to believe.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

By the way, THE JOKE WAS VERY FUNNY!!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Once we get the science right, you will be able to live as long as you desire.

BTS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Once we get the science right, you will be able to live as long as you desire.

Oh no ! not like now, and what about the younger generation coming through?

When I was a dub, of course I did ! every problem attached to it was going to be taken away . Every day would be a new experience with a perfect body, a perfect wife, in a perfect house and friendly animals too

When I wised up, it was not the thought of dieing that disappointed me , more the realisation that I would grow old first.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit