Did you really want to live forever?

by serenitynow! 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Even when I was a kid I thought that forever was too long. I thought it may get boring. Especially when they said we'd stop eating meat. As an adult the thought of being married to one guy for millions of years was depressing. Maybe if we could have multiple partners, and lay on the beach, sipping alcohol, with no AIDS or babies; that would be paradise. Am I just weird?

• yknot
    yknot

Yes.......

I was concerned about the whole wipe every tear thing because that would probably require erasing memories.

I still would be happy to 'live forever' if I didn't age physically........

Damn---- now I am sad.... I had a conversation with my aunt today, she is getting older and was chatting about her knee replacement recovery..... I said the usual theocratic BS trying to give comfort and she point blank told me I was going to die in this system

• hoser
    hoser

Watch the movie Tuck Everlasting and it will give you the answer.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think living forever as perfect people would be boring. It's our quirks and imperfections that make life interesting.

• yknot
    yknot

I will settle for a perfect body without hitting the gym !

• robson
    robson

yes of course, why would I want to die one day. I never wake up and say God I want this to be my last day living on earth that is obviously stupid.

living with the same partner for billions of years man you don't know what love is find the special other half you need and things will get better.

don't think about it is not just for you to decide what is gonna be later on whether you like it or not having your own ideas is good but that is not universal find hope there is still.

you are just a human who doesn't know all the secrets in life enjoy yours and don't drive yourself crazy with questions you can't understand now go and learn about science, law, religious beliefs and at the end when you are about to die think about everything you hace done and see if you've live enough time.

you will never get satisfied by what your eyes comtenplate so did you really want to live forever is up to you .

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I hear you on that perfect body! After staying "chaste" as a good JW girl I was like I wanted to experience a few fine men in that paradise!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Now that I've finally found my soul mate (outside the Org) yes I kind of do- the thought of us not being together forever or one dying and leaving the other really isnt good -

Loz x

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not want to live forever celibate, with nothing but other men to look forward to, and having an endless dead work designed to prevent me from actually using whatever gifts I might happen to have. If I am going to live forever, it has to be on MY terms: No celibacy (NONE), no being ordered to do whatever others want from me, no being stuck with nothing but men, and the ability to develop and use any gifts I have on MY terms. And, since that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Jehovah is absolutely not going to fulfill those conditions, I do not want to live suffer forever.

• agonus
    agonus

As a little boy the idea actually scared me. I tried to think about the concept of "forever" and 'infinity" and it freaked me out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit