WHO ARE THE FALSE PROPHETS TODAY?

by Dogpatch 270 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Unfortunately, the JW Apologetics like Debator and Confearasy will simply ignore the obvious and continue on in their delusional world......

• Consfearacy
    Consfearacy

Mary said, "More nonsense. There are no scriptures that even hint about a 'visible organization' popping into existence after 1900 years. Plus, Charles Russell taught that the Gentile Times ended in 1799 then in 1874 or 1878---there is no "bible legacy" that foretold anything about the WTS. The idiots in charge twisted the scriptures to make them say what they wanted to.

The rest of your rant about the Dark Ages doesn't even deserve a reply as it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. Bottom line is: Deut. 18 clearly states that if someone claims to speak for God, predicts an event to happen and it doesn't happen, then they are classified as a false prophet. No matter how you try to get around it, the WTS fits the description to a T."

I've been messing with the font controls. How do you get the yellow bordered square?

So if someone else were to make a connection with what the Bible teaches, because Charles Russell has destroyed his own credibility, nothing the Bible says really means anything. I guess I can understand why Russel is such a bad man.

Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment. James 3:1

Meaning they'll be subjected to harsh criticism, but if it gets extreme and unreasonable, criticism is no longer constructive.

For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man. James 3:2

There's several scriptures in the Bible that shed light on the meaning of a false prophet. Matthew 7:15-20 is one of such. Stumbling in speech isn't an identifying mark in itself, a person's motives are also called into question. If someone is operating out a selfish motive, they generally mislead.

And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; Matthew 24:11

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    How do you get the yellow bordered square?

Highlight the desired line, then select "quote" in the Styles drop-down menu.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

debater

re your 2 replies to me

this from p 3 of this thread

Hi quietlyleaving

You deliberately cut short the scriptural quote but deut 18 is the jewish understanding of being inspired and how they would recognise the messiah when he comes. So lets look at it more fully not just your edited bit.

Deuteronomy 18:18-22

18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. 19 If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

21 You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by Jehovah ?" 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of Jehovah does not take place or come true, that is a message Jehovah has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

"I will put my words in his mouth" that is the context of this whole paragraph. This is how we know the bible is inspired. This is a specific ability only certain prophets got to have. This is the blue print scripture to understand how inspiration (Getting words directly from Jehovah himself) that led to the bible being written.

It is claiming this ability falsely saying you are inspired (able to speak words DIRECTLY from Jehovah) that makes you a false prophet or a false messiah. Hense why this would help them recognise the real inspired Messiah from the false ones that sprang up at the same time.

and also your reply to me from p5 of this thread

Hi quietlyleaving

What question? you made a point on deut 18 by proof texting verses 20-22 ignoring the context of verse 18 onwards to prove your point. You then said using the Bible is the same as claiming to be inspired which is saying every Jew and every early Christian was claiming to be able to do inspired words from God himself. Therefore how do we know the Bible is inspired from all the other Jewish writings from those times?

imo you are digging a deeper hole for yourself and still performing the same sleight of hand (that of putting your argument in the place my argument to deflect attention to something you feel you can successfully defend). But the context that you suggest I deliberately witheld still forms part of a "channel of communication". And in fact the FDS does see itself as "a channel of communication" between God and men. So this imo brings the organization much closer to being seen as a prophet and therefore invites the criticism of being seen as a false prophet if we apply the points stated at verses Deut18:20-22. This is because the communications they have delivered have turned out to be "false" in the sense of untrue (failed prophecies) and "false" in the sense of causing much damage to the flock and robbing the flock of "genuine" nourishment from the bible.

btw what is the context of Deut 18:18-20? These verses seem to make the hole you are digging for yourself into a large hole

ql

• bible brain
    bible brain

3D Magical Snowman Snowball Fight Snowed Upon 3D Magical Snowman

Why does the watchtower magazine resemble a SNOWMAN?

The answer is simple, when things heat up, their teachings melt and new ones appear.

They are the ultimate "SNOWMAN OF PROPHETS". HERE TODAY, GONE TOMORROW.

Why put your faith in something that will be changed tomorrow for something else?

• bible brain
    bible brain

Shovelling Snow 3D Magical Snowman Snowball Fight Snowed Upon 3D Magical Snowman

Read all about me today for tomorrow I shall be teaching something different.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I love your riddle Bible Brain!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Confearacy said:

So if someone else were to make a connection with what the Bible teaches, because Charles Russell has destroyed his own credibility, nothing the Bible says really means anything. I guess I can understand why Russel is such a bad man.

My reply: No connection with what the bible teaches and Russel said. What Russell said obviously is not taught in the Bible. The only connection here is between CTR and a false prophet.

Consfearacy said: Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment. James 3:1

My reply: So why did the Wt appoint itself a teacher?

Consfearacy said: Meaning they'll be subjected to harsh criticism, but if it gets extreme and unreasonable, criticism is no longer constructive.

My reply: But if it is factual and substantiated it is right on the money!

Consfearacy said: For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man. James 3:2

My reply: Irrelevant. A false prophet is a false prophet.

Consfearacy said: There's several scriptures in the Bible that shed light on the meaning of a false prophet. Matthew 7:15-20 is one of such. Stumbling in speech isn't an identifying mark in itself, a person's motives are also called into question. If someone is operating out a selfish motive, they generally mislead.

My reply: Motive is not relevant...it can be a sincere false prophet or one out to intentionally mislead. Deut 18 defines what one is.

Consfearacy said: And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; Matthew 24:11

My reply: Agreed. One of which is the WT.

• elm
    elm

Debator says...."Read what? massively old publications from our very early days when we were still searching for basic bible truths"

So you are saying that the early bible truths were wrong or lets get this right "mens mistakes"

If they were wrong because of the "new light".........it can not have been a bible truth, because the truth is the truth and not a lie, you would'nt need to ever change the truth unless it was a lie to begin with.

worse of all to even teach a date or a doctrine and base it on the Bible, without knowing it was right in the first place is misleading to those who faithfully follow it.

Dont forget some of these "new light" doctrines have ment life or death to the GB followers. What I can never get over is when the JW say it's a new understanding that Jehovah has revealed to us.

So why did Jehovah not reveal the "new light" in the first place would have saved a lot of deaths with the "new light" on blood.

JW'S have always said and are still saying that the organization is Jehovah's channel of cummunication ........ How? and why if anybody would it be them.

• designs
    designs

elm-

What we were raised to believe is that christianity went through a decline after the apostles and there would be this period of darkness and then a return to true Christianity, the whole 'a people's for his name' thing.

There was also the 'personal revelation' notion held by several of the Leaders over the years, Russell, Johnson, Rutherford, Franz in particular felt if they had an idea or new way of looking at a verse or passage it must have come from God. A new thing was suppose to be built on an older idea sort of like mathematics where you can't grasp Trigonometry without understanding Algebra first. That was the sales pitch anyway, and we bought it until we couldn't stand it any longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit