Whats the weirdest thing a JW ever said to you?

by chukky 594 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

I remember an Elder stating in a talk that we shouldn't listen too much to the news or the media as Satan controls it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'd actually tend to agree with that statement James_slush, except I'd say don't listen to it too much because it's full of politically slanted and corporate propaganda. Oh, and what we should buy next.

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

I told my pioneer friend that I had feelings for the same sex. I wouldn't know what would his facial expression be since I was talking to him through IM late at night.

Me: "Dude idk what to do, I've been having feelings for guys my whole life and never a girl. I've prayed to Jehovah feverishly, but it's not helping" (I knew by then that would never work, I was putting a limb out, because I have a crush on him, and he seemed gay himself)

Him: Well, you shouldn't be talking to me about this, talk to the elders. All I can say is keep praying and study the word of Jehovah.. (cited some scripts)

(I was shaky, because I wouldn't know how we would take it, but at the same time I laughed at the crappy Watchtoweresque response.)

Me: Alright... I will do that..

Him (Doubting I was going to): You really need to go and talk to them, they will give you the strength, come on, your this close to baptism! (HA HA!)

Me: Yes, yes I will do it, man. Thanks..

Like a week or so later (I had not gone to the meetings)

Him: Dude I'm worried about you, did you talk to them?

Me: Why did you bring this up? I havent had teh chance, but I will.

Him: Dude please tell them.. I don't want to be held accountable for blood (Oh, so it's all about you now?)

The scriptures say that all you know that might be failing Jehovah and do not tell the elders will pay for the spilt blood with their life..

Me: CALM DOWN, I have not sinned, it's all good, I'm telling an elder tomorrow (LIE LIE LIE )

Him: OK Man, if you need help, I can go with you..

Me: No, I'm fine, I'm sure.

At the moment I have not said anything, and I'm a weak publisher, not planning to get dunked.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

A relative told me if you find a man that loves Jehovah more than you, you have a winner. ugh.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Pubtruth, that's a terrible secret to have to keep. I hope you don't think your feelings are sins that must be confessed to the elders.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Logic is not necessary in the "truth".

• Essan
    Essan

My former P.O. - Satan altered the genes of bees (etc) to give them stings, and sharks etc to give them huge sharp teeth (etc) because that's the kind of evil things powerful demons can do, and God would never have created them that way.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Essan-That is the strangest thing I ever heard.

I know an elder whose idea of encouraging weak ones is telling them how they are condemning their children to die at Armageddon, or told one young man why he worries about his inactive parents for because, they are just going to die at Armageddon anyway.

• Essan
    Essan

"Essan-That is the strangest thing I ever heard."

Yay! Surely I win some kind of prize? :)

• baltar447
    baltar447

Essan, you have earned +10 Internet Bragging Points. Don't spend them all at once.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit