Whats the weirdest thing a JW ever said to you?

by chukky 594 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• LaniB
    LaniB

Weirdest one I got was from an elder

"You're just depressed because you can't cope with life like normal people do"

lol

• OverUnder
    OverUnder

Have your wife eat some garlic, then suck her nipples...it will taste like it......

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Weirdest one I got was from an elder

"You're just depressed because you can't cope with life like normal people do"

lol

He was right.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

"I know we studied the Mankind's Search for God book."

• peacedog
    peacedog

"The bible is a deep book, and they [the Watchtower Society] do my thinking for me."

• STILLINWANTOUT
    STILLINWANTOUT

Dont talk to your co-worker unless necessary. Listen to the KMELODIES (This was after i explained I worked in MY FAMILY'S BUSINESS)

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Let me set the context: I was one of a few who would speak up at the semi annual CO visit/Elders Meeting. This particular CO was one of those parrots who never strayed from his set routine, same stupid presentations, over and over, an over, same stupid illustrations, same comments. I got really bothered by his ad hminem attacks on weaker publishers and elders....so I frenquently challenged him on "issues" at the "table" during the meeting with the elders. Clearly annoyed he replied:

"You are too smart for your own good, you have more issues than at the magazine counter"

I thought that it would be impossible to mentally joust with him any further when he was unarmed - so I lost it and started laughing - causing a meltdown at the table and his hurried closing the meeting, followed by his chastisement the next day which led to him saying:

"The elders meeting is no place to bring up issues, you should have provided them to me in writing".

I sure don't miss this.....

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

When I was young and pioneering, I was told by an old crabby pioneer that being vegetarian was unspiritual because God told us to eat meat!

• JWoods
    JWoods

After thinking about this for a couple of days - I think the weirdest thing (out of many weird things) that I currently remember was what our JW poster Titus said right here the other day:

He said that he recognizes that all the JW prophecy and chronology is BS, but still thinks they have the truth, and went on to say that he still agrees with 97% of their teachings.

Now THAT struck me as weird.

• Sojourn
    Sojourn

I was a teenager, and had just been reinstated. We were out in service with old family friends - the oldest, closest, family friends. One sister in particular, we called 'Aunt', which shows how close we were. She and her husband are considered to this day, pillars in the congregation.

Posted on the corner of our block was a sign that said in big, bold letters, "Desperately Seeking [insert name here]" It happened to be my name, (had nothing to do with me, though - just coincidence). The sign went on to describe a beach bonfire where the guy (sign writer) just so happened to meet a lovely girl and wanted to find her again. He even described her. It was like an early Craigslist 'missed connections', only before Craigslist.

Though the beach in question extends along the length of our neighborhood, I didn't have to worry anyone would think it was me meeting up with a 'worldly' guy, since the description didn't match mine.

'Auntie' then said ever so casually, "At least that's not you, otherwise we'd be throwing you in the garbage can". It might not sound like much, but it was profoundly odd to hear her say something so unkind, especially since it was right after I was reinstated... in that instant, I lost so much respect for her. Since she never apologized, and no one there called her on it (or even talked to me privately about it afterward), that informed the new picture I was beginning to form of my surroundings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit